Chapter Six

Nadia's Pov

I gently laid Jayce into his crib that he was slowly outgrowing before turning to Ryan who had kindly stopped by. I was no where near in the mood to talk to him right now, work was kicking my ass and that meant that I got to spend little time with Jayce at night before he went to sleep.

I quietly closed the door to his room and followed Ryan to my room. Danielle was doing work for the bar in the living room and since she denied my help it would have been rude to talk in there. Ryan sat on my bed while I began to fold Jayce's clothes.

I sighed and spoke, "Ryan-"

"Wait. Just let me talk, okay?" I nodded and he cleared his throat then continued, "Kendall and Kylie have a dinner tomorrow night and I'm inviting you."

I furrowed my brows while folding one of Jayce's onesies. I didn't really understand why Ryan was saying this to me and not any of the girls, "Why didn't one of them invite me?"

"It was last minute."

"Wait. Just let me talk, okay?" I nodded and he continued after a long pause, "He's doing drugs, Nadia, and hard ones according to Kendall."

I shook my head and sighed, "Ryan, if that isn't more of a reason to stay away from him I don't know what is." I didn't look up from the clothes but ran over his words in my head. As much as I wanted to play it off like I didn't care about what Justin was doing, I did because at the end of the day he was the father of my son.

"Nadia, I'm not saying that you're wrong I'm just saying that he's my best friend and I don't wanna see him go through that. I'm not asking you to do anything about it I'm just asking you to understand what's going on. He's been fucked up for the past two years and I'm not saying that's your fault so chill," 

I hadn't realized that I had given him a face but I had, I nodded before signaling him to continue, "I just want you to realize what's been going on."

My chest filled with guilt as I folded the last onesie and pushed the rest of the clothes aside, sitting next to Ryan, "So what did you come here for? To talk about Justin or ask me to go to this dinner?"

"Both-" His voice was cut off by his phone ringing. I watched as he fumbled to get it out of his pocket. Once out he looked down at the caller ID before flashing the screen to me. Justin. His eyes questioned whether he could answer it and I vaguely waved my hand in approval.

"Hey, what up?" As Justin spoke on the other end Ryan furrowed his brows, bringing his finger to his lips to tell me to be quiet as he put the phone on speaker.

Justin's voice was jittery and the words he was saying didn't make any sense, "Man, I don't know where the fuck it is! Scoots gonna fuckin' kill me! FUCK!" In the background we could be the sound of things being moved as if he was looking for something.

Ryan tried his best to calm him, "Hey, listen man. Chill, Scooter is in California he's not gonna know you lost it."

I met eyes with Ryan and mouthed, 'Lost what?' He  shrugged and Justin continued to freak out on the other end. The door to my room quickly opened to reveal Danielle who had our scheduling book from work in her hands. Without looking up she spoke, "Nadia, did you put Ty on the schedule for next week?"

My eyes quickly widen as put my hand up to stop her from continuing. Mine and Ryan's eyes quickly shot to his phone in his hand between us. The background noise stopped and Justin's voice, still jittery, spoke, "Who was that?"

I looked back up at Ryan who shook his head and ran a hand through his hair, "Just Kylie talking to her makeup people."

He shrugged and Danielle had an apologetic look on her face. Justin questioned Ryan again, "Did someone say Nadia?" 

I quickly mouthed to Ryan to hang up. Ryan sighed and spoke fast, "Hey, listen man, I gotta go but try to chill out. I'mma stop by your room when I get back and I can help you look for it. Just chill 'til I get there."

Justin laughed on the end, haven completely forgot about what had just happened, "'Ight man, see you." Ryan ended the call before looking at me, "Is it real for you now? The dinner is at seven, text me and let me know if I need to come pick you up."

With that Ryan left leaving me with Dani who apologized for having said my name with Justin on the phone. I didn't answer though because my thoughts drifted to Justin who was high out of his mind somewhere, letting his life go.

-------

A long awaited chapter. Love you guys.