Chapter Seventeen

I quickly grabbed a glass of alcohol off a waiter's tray that was walking past me and behind me Ryan laughed loudly, "Really?"

I shrugged and downed the entire glass before putting it on another waiter's tray, "I haven't been able to really drink in two years and tonight's the best time to do it. The kids are staying with the babysitter and I'm staying with Kylie."

Ryan shook his head and I started to dance against him, but he stopped my hips with his hands, "You're committed to this."

I moved his hands and continued to dance, "This is you're fault and if we're gonna do this we might as well have fun." This time he didn't stop me and instead downed a drink and laid his hands on my waist, this time to bring our bodies together. 

Being in a fake relationship wasn't as bad as it could be since it was with someone like Ryan. He was actually a good guy. He was one of few people that stuck around for Justin even when he was an asshole and that spoke to his character. 

As the songs switched, I opened my eyes to glance over towards Justin. He and Hailey were now sitting on the couch, but he was no longer watching Ryan and I. I ignored it and turned to face Ryan, resting my arms on his shoulders while still moving my hips to the music. 

"So, I'm definitely getting drunk tonight but are you?" This time Ryan dragged me to the bar ordering himself a Jameson, then turning to me. 

"Jameson for me too." My answer surprised Ryan, but he didn't say anything. The bartender quickly made our drinks while I looked around at the guest list. For the most part, there were a bunch of New Yorkers that were probably just local celebrities but there were a few well known people. Justin and Co. were definitely the biggest celebrities here though. 

Once we finished our drinks, we danced for what felt like hours and by the time we were done I was really starting to feel all the alcohol I had drank. Now would have been the best time to stop, no hangover tomorrow, but as we walked back to VIP I grabbed another glass.

Ryan's eyes widen as I did so and I raised an eyebrow, "Is that your 'that's enough' face?"

"Not my job to stop you, I'm not done myself so you shouldn't have to be either." His response surprised me, but I kept walking. I saved the glass until we got to the couch. We sat in between Tessa, Dani, Kylie, and Tyga.

Kylie laughed, "Damn, Nadie. You good?"

I didn't answer and instead sipped at my drink. Tessa smiled at me knowing that I was drunk and that why I didn't answer the question, "Justin's been watchin' you guys all night."

"Mhm." Truth was after awhile I forgot about Justin and even now I didn't really care about him. Tessa's phone vibrated on the couch and she looked down at it, and over her shoulder Dani caught a glance of the screen but looked away quickly. Tessa got up to answer whoever it was and Dani made eye contact with me and her eyes read that something was wrong, but before I could focus too much on it Justin and Hailey themselves interrupted us. 

Justin looked like his did earlier, but Hailey now looked annoyed and sober. Almost like she hadn't actually drank anything earlier.  Justin looked at his phone before speaking, "We gonna get outta here. I just wanted to let you all know n say goodbye."

Kylie furrowed her brow, "There a problem, Jay?"

"Nah, just tired." Kylie nodded and Justin waved bye, he glanced at me one last time before leaving. Tessa came back this time holding her bag, "Kylie we ready to go?"

"Yeah, Tyga's 'bout to leave for the airport anyway. Dani? Nadia?" Dani nodded and stood up, but I hesitated.

"Ryan, weren't you supposed to go back with Justin?" 

Ryan shook his head, "Nah, we came here separately." I didn't know why but a part of me felt bad for just leaving Ryan here and because of that I didn't stand up to leave with the others.

"I'm gonna stay with Ryan." Kylie was now standing and gave me a questioning look, "Yeah?"

I nodded, "Yeah, I'll text you when I'm on my way though." Kylie nodded and began to walk away with Tessa and confused Dani. I knew Dani wouldn't mind going home with just them since she had gotten so used to Tessa lately so I turned back to Ryan.

"Why don't you just go?" His arm rested behind me on the back of the couch and now that everyone was gone the club felt quieter. I shrugged and joked with him, "You don't really have friends and I felt bad. Where are you stayin' again?" 

"Hotel. Same one as Justin." I nodded and yawned. 

Ryan eyed me and shook his head, "You should of went back with them."

"I highkey just wanna sleep in my own bed tonight. I think I just gonna get an uber home." I picked my phone out of my bra before standing up. I was still drunk so my body swayed as I ordered my uber. Ryan stayed on the couch looking at nothing in particular and I looked down at him, "Are you going to your hotel or coming to my apartment?"

He laughed and gestured for me to lead the way. The uber was in the area, I assumed because of everyone here needing rides, so it didn't take him long to show up.

When we finally made it to the apartment, I watched Ryan as he threw his jacket on the back of the living room couch and then turn back to me. 

"I'm still so drunk," I sighed and walked past him to my room. I knew he was going to follow me, but I was still caught off guard when he did. The walk to my room seemed longer than it normally was and I started to think about earlier in the night when we were dancing. Dancing with Ryan was fun and I appreciated it, and I was actually happy that he'd actually told Justin we were dating.

Once we made it back to my room, I turned to face Ryan who was closer than I expected. Since I had heels on I was at eyes level with him and this allowed me to quickly kiss him before I could rethink it. In the back of my head I knew I was doing this because he was here but his hands gripped my hips and allowed his to deepen the kiss and didn't give me time to think about it more.

-------

This chapter isn't the best, but I got you guys on the next one and I wanted to get another one out to you guys cause why not?