Chapter Sixteen

I silently mixed the mashed potatoes, that I was making with dinner, while Tessa, Kylie, and Ryan sat in the living room. Dani had to go into work for the night leaving me with Harper and Jayce, who were both currently sleeping. 

I didn't make dinner often, because I never had the time, but since I had moved to New York I had picked up a habit of cooking when I needed to think. I had gotten good at cooking, which was why I challenged myself with seasoned chicken and grilled asparagus tonight. 

I threw some salt on the mashed potatoes as I heard multiple steps coming into the kitchen. We hadn't talked about what Ryan did just yet and I wasn't really all that eager to.

Tessa pulled out the chair from the table and sat down, "We gonna talk about what idiot here did?"

Everything was basically done, I was just waiting for the asparagus to finish but I continued to look busy by stirring the potatoes. Kylie leaned against the counter next to me, "Everything looks so good, I'm starving."

Behind us Tessa laughed, "Kylie you get five star dinners every night of your life, shut up and let's talk about this."

Ryan sat at the table with her, "It's a temporary thing so it doesn't matter. We'll get Justin off your back and then we'll break up cause it wasn't working out, so let's just chill." I wanted to roll my eyes so I did while letting out an exasperated sigh.

This earned another comment from Ryan, "You can't stand me that much?"

This time I turned to him and narrowed my eyes, "That's not the point. The point it there's no reason for this entire thing. I could have put up with his comments for a little while longer while you guys were here. You're leaving soon anyway."

Next to me Kylie raised her eyebrows as the timer on the oven when off indicating the asparagus was done. I began making everyone's plates as Kylie spoke, "Are we?"

I didn't mean for it to sound like I was pushing them away, but it had came off that way. Surely, they couldn't stay here for much longer, they had lives in Calabasas that didn't involve me. I handed Kylie her plate and shrugged, "I don't know, don't you kind of have to?"

"They might, but I have a business here. Did no one tell you I'm opening a popup store here for Kylie Cosmetics?" They hadn't, but that didn't matter, "Plus, I have modeling with Hailey and other things."

"Justin, Hailey, and I will at least be here for another few weeks." I moved my hair from my face as I gave everyone their food and sat down myself. I sighed and looked between Tessa and Ryan, "Where is this gonna go?"

Tessa turned her attention to Ryan, "Justin has another club promotion up here tomorrow, go with me."

Kylie and Tessa began to eat their food, while Ryan slowly bit at his asparagus. This whole situation was ridiculous and purposeless. I didn't need to prove anything to Justin about how I parented or how I was doing. He didn't even know if Jayce was his, for God's sake, but yet here I was about to agree to this. 

"Only if Kylie can get me an outfit and I want Dani to go." I smirked at Ryan, putting a spoonful of mashed potatoes in my mouth. 

He laughed and nodded, "Fine. Cool, Ky?"

"Cool."

-------

Kylie came thru with not only outfits for Dani and I but also convinced Ariel, her makeup artist, and Jonathan, her hairstylist, to stay a couple extra hours to do us. Jonathan was blow drying my now blonde again hair as Ariel finished Dani and Kylie's makeup in the other room.

"You think they'll miss the pink?" Jonathan asked me about ten times if I for sure wanted to go back to blonde before dying it, but I was set. 

"Doesn't matter if they will." I smiled and he finished my hair before I was rushed to Ariel so I could get my makeup done. I was the last to get done, leaving the rest of the girls waiting for me. 

Once I was done, Kylie rushed us into the limo and explained the night to us, "Ken, Hailey, Justin, Ryan, and Za are already at the club

Once I was done, Kylie rushed us into the limo and explained the night to us, "Ken, Hailey, Justin, Ryan, and Za are already at the club. We're meeting them in our VIP area."

Pulling up to the back entrance of the club was hectic and made me wonder what the main entrance looked like. Walking inside we quickly made our way to the VIP area. There was already a significant amount of empty glasses on the table and I immediately made my way to Ryan's side ready to play this relationship up.

Although there was a large couch in our area everyone was standing. My eyes when straight to Hailey who was clearly drunk off her ass. Her body moved against Justin's to the beat of the music, one of his arms wrapped around her waist and the other held a glass of alcohol. He was not paying attention to her, he was fully focused on Za in front of him. 

Ryan pulled me to him by my waist, looking over my shoulder at Justin as he did so, "He already talked, but he's gotta dj later. Take this."

He shoved a glass in my hand and I downed it in a matter of seconds, I was going to need to be drunk for tonight. 

"Damn, Nadia. I didn't mean take it." I shook my head and took his hand from around my waist, "Let's go talk to Za."

As I turned I noticed that Justin's eyes had been fixed on Ryan and I, for how long I didn't know. I dragged Ryan towards them, our hands hanging by my butt. Za noticed our presence and turned to us. 

"Ay, Nadia! What up, where you been?" I was expecting this reaction from him, but still smiled at him, "Here."

"It's been crazy seen you been gone. Shit, ma, you missed a lot." 

I laughed and next to me Ryan wrapped his arm around my waist, "I've been caught up for the most part. You missed a lot too."

"Shit, trust me. I know, I already heard all 'bout it. Buy listen, man, I'mma go see if Tyga's here yet. I'll talk to yall later." Za gave me a quick kiss on the cheek and left, leaving us with Justin and Hailey. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Tessa and Dani sitting on the couch next to where we stood.

"Hailey, you look good tonight." She opened her eyes to answer me, but did not stop moving her body, "Thanks."

She didn't return the sentiment, but I didn't expect her to. Next to her Justin looked at me, but not in a way that meant he was listening, he was thinking. Looking back at him I smirked, "You should dance with your girl, Justin, she looks bored."

I didn't give him a chance to respond before I took Ryan to the dance floor. Part of me did this because I knew Justin would be watching, but another part of me did this because I needed it. I needed to have a good time.