Chapter Fourteen

I quietly counted the money in the drawer as Tyler cleaned the glasses next to me. He smirked at me as he did his usual flirting, "I mean Bieber is good looking, but you know I started modeling when I first came here so I mean..."

I rolled my eyes and retorted, "Yet you don't model anymore?" This earned a loud laugh from another coworker, Brea, "Ty, stop trying to flirt with her. She is the boss she can fire your ass, you ever heard of harrassment?"

Tyler laughed and put the cups he had just washed away, "It's not that serious."

"It's not, but it could be. " I gave him a look as I locked up the drawer. Tipsy's was almost deserted considering it was noon on a Wednesday. The only people that sat in the bar were the regulars and a few college students studying.

I went to the back room to fill out some papers and to check my phone. I wasn't supposed to use my phone on the job, but Joy usually let Dani and I off the hook because of the kids. I had two texts from Tessa.

I put my phone away before finishing the paper work I needed to and going back out to the front

I put my phone away before finishing the paper work I needed to and going back out to the front. I cleaned the same table until Tessa's arrival, grabbing the blank application from the bar and sat across the table from her.

I sat the application in front of me with a pen and Tessa eyed me, "If I don't make this look like an interview Joy will watch the security cameras and say something."

Tessa nodded and I looked back at Ty, "Hey can you get us some Dr. Peppers?" He nodded and I looked back at Tessa and she finally spoke, "Justin told me about the other night."

"Mhm." I tilted my head and pretended to write on the paper in front of me, "Is that what you wanted to talk about?"

"Yes, but I wanted to apologize for it too." I looked up to meet Tessa's eyes that held an apologetic stare. I sighed and played with my pen. I wanted to tell her that what she did made me mad, because it did, but all that anger had disappeared after the dinner.

"You should have just told me." Although I said those words the truth was had she told me I wouldn't have showed up.

She tilted her head, knowingly, "You and I both know you wouldn't have showed up if I had. But I didn't want to set the whole thing up but Justin made me feel bad for him."

I stopped myself from rolling my eyes and looked back down at the paper in front of me. I didn't want to argue with Tessa or anyone about this, it was done and in the past now. I needed to be focusing on moving forward and how to handle things from now on, so I did.

"Did he say anything about Jayce to you?" I questioned quietly.

Tessa shook her head, "Just that he was cute and stayed quiet most of the time. I tried to beat around the bush to see if he knew anything, but I didn't get anything."

"That's because he knows. How could he not? Jayce looks just like him."

"Jayce looks like you." Tessa gave me a knowing look and across the bar Brea yelled, "He does!"

This time I rolled my eyes and shook my head at the two of them. I looked over at the clock on the wall as someone walked through the front door. It was almost one meaning I got off in about an hour, allowing me to silently sigh in relief.

"I get off in about an hour. If you want to go up stairs and sit with Dani and the kids until I get off?" Tessa nodded, agreeing and I lead her to the back door of the apartment. The rest of my shift went by slow with Ty making small remarks about Justin the entire time.

When I got up the stairs I could hear laughter and talking through the door and when I opened it I was met with Tessa on the floor playing with Jayce and Harper while Dani sat on the couch. I threw my keys on the table and sat next to Dani.

Once Jayce realized I was home he quickly got up and made his way to me. He hugged me tightly and I kissed his cheek before looking at him, "Did you have fun with aunt Dani today?"

"Mhm!" I smiled and directed my attention to Tessa who was now looking at her phone, "The five of us should go meet Kylie at this place she's at."

I shrugged and looked over at Dani who gave me a look that said 'sure?'. She'd never met any of the others and I could sort of tell she didn't care to. With them there was always that risk of the paparazzi and the kids didn't need to be around that. Harper didn't need to and I had hoped Jayce didn't either but that was never realistic.

"You don't have to if-"

Danielle interrupted me, "It's fine. Go change."

After I changed we headed to the address Kylie gave us that was a large building downtown. When we made it to where Kylie sat, in a large press room with her lunch in front of her, we noticed Ryan was with her.

They both greeted us and Kylie attempted to get Jayce to come to her. Ryan directed his attention to me, "Heard about dinner."

"Oh yeah? Dang it, I was thinking everyone didn't know about it like I did." Jayce hugged my side and I stared at Ryan.

"I didn't have anything to do with it, so I'm not the one you need to be givin' a look." I shook my head and looked away from him and to Dani, "Anyway, guys this is Dani. Dani you know Kylie and this is Ryan, one of Justin's friends."

Ryan's eyebrow arched and he laughed, "Just Justin's? Okay."

Before I could answer Kylie spoke, "So hey - you know Justin's still with Hailey, right?" I nodded and again tried to speak but she continued, "They are here. I wanted to tell you before-"

Before she could finish Hailey's voice filled my ears followed by Justin. The look on Kylie's face was expecting me to be mad, but the truth was I didn't have the energy to be mad anymore. Other emotions, maybe, but not anger anymore.

"Can we stop making this a habit, guys? You know the whole you not tellin' me he's here. It's getting exhausting." I sighed as Justin and Hailey sat down at the table, and held Jayce closer to me.

-------

I know this isn't the best, but I wanted to get a chapter out. I haven't been giving this story my all and I'm sorry. School is just a pain in the ass, hopefully sometime soon I will get enough time to just sit down and completely focus on the story. 😔💜