Chapter 14

June 23, 12:00 AM.

Operation: Red, commence 

I used my Lugia to fly me over to the entrance of Victory Road and started to walk to the left of the entrance where Mt. Silver was. The road there was harsh, pokemon jumping out at you every second, and creepy howls of deadly wild Houndooms can be heard a mile away. I focused it off, and headed inside Mt. Silver. The first part was easy, getting up the water fall, and scaling a few walls, but the tricky part was when the mountain got steeper and it started to get cold. I had to figure out the right path before I walked along and got lost. The wind started to get ice cold, I could tell that I was so close to the top, if Red was actually here like Scarlet said, how could he have survived this harsh cold? At the top of the peak, I saw him. Red, he was on the cliff staring down at the Pokemon League. 

(If you want, play the battle theme now)

Me: Red!

He turned around and smiled when he saw that it was me, he adjusted his cap and spoke softly.

Red: Why if it isn't the world wide pokemon champion, for what do I owe the pleasure?

Me: None of that Red, I'm here on important business.

Red: Which is?

Me: I heard you know about Team Rocket, and I need information now!

He smirked, put his hand on his hip and turned to his side with his eyes closed.

Red: Why should I?

Me: Red, this is no time for games! Team Rocket is back and they're up to no good! I need you too tell me everything you know!

Red: Hmmmm....... I'll tell you, if you beat me in a pokemon battle.

Me: Red, now's not the time for this!

Red: Oh? Is the World Champion refusing a battle?

Me: I-I............. No, you're on.

Red: Just what I wanted, get ready!

He got out his first pokemon and threw it with such speed, like a bullet.

Red: Go Blastoise!

A huge blue pokemon shot out and roared so loudly, it shook the whole mountain. I got out my pokeball and threw it with more force than speed.

Me: Let's go Meganium!

My pokemon let out her battle cry and got into her fighting position, Red's Blastoise got ready to attack.

Red: Blastoise, use Hydro Pump!

Me: Meganium, dodge it!

A huge powerful shot of water came flying straight at me when my pokemon dodged, I whipped out my wings and flew into the cold blizzard air.

Me: Meganium, use vine whip!

My pokemon hit Red's pokemon with such force that it was sent flying backwards, then it got up and used another Hydro Pump, hitting Meganium, but not being as effective. 

Me: Alright, now use Solar Beam!

Meganium powered up a huge solar energy ball and let it loose at the Blastoise that fell onto the floor getting back up. Red called his pokemon back and sent out another one.

Red: Go, Charizard! Use flamethrower!

A huge powerful flame came out of its mouth and hit my pokemon, who wasn't fast enough to dodge. I called Meganium back and called out Lugia. The huge dragon like water pokemon blocked out the only light from the moon that shone through the blizzard, Red looked impressed. He smiled and studied Lugia and me.