Episode 2: Ballet Off

AN:
Talie's chapters will have this '' in the beginning and Nat's will have '' in the beginning of hers.

I was listening to the song above while writing this, really got me in the mood of this chapter tbh.

Haz in the gif below.

"I'm taking ballet because I really like wearing the pretty pink tutus

"I'm taking ballet because I really like wearing the pretty pink tutus. They make me feel like a princess. What made you want to take ballet Talie?" One of my dance classmates Penny asked, playing with her poofy light pink uniform as she smiled down at me with interest making me tear my eyes away from the book I was reading to look up at her.

"I'm taking ballet in hopes that it will compensate for the loneliness I feel of my mother who's always too busy or uninterested with anything pertaining to me, aside from ballet which she used to practice when she was my age at seven years old so I guess this is just a feeble attempt to feel the rare acceptance, love, and attention I look for whenever she's around."

I then looked over to my mom who was sitting down with the rest of the parents all the way at the back of the class, talking rapidly on her phone in her black pencil skirt before I caught her eye.

I smiled and brought my thumbs up to which she mirrored, having no clue to what I had just told my classmate.

Penny's eyes widened, her brows scrunching up in slight confusion before she averted her gaze back to her dress, looking like she was struggling to come up with a response.

"Oh um-"

"Hey, do you maybe want to be partners?" I asked with a friendly smile, closing my book and standing to my feet, now remembering Ms. Amber's instructions to partner up with a fellow dance classmate for the ballet competition next week.

"Oh uh, I can't I'm- I'm already partners with someone else... sorry." Penny quickly apologized, slowly backing away from me as my smile faltered.

"That's okay, maybe next-"

Penny was already running away from me, skipping over to Jordie across the room screaming "Jordie! Jordie be my partner!"

"Time...." I finished my sentence, the word trailing off my lips even though she couldn't hear me as I looked around, realizing that all of my ballet classmates had already partnered up with one another, giggling and planning their dance moves.

I didn't really care about being by myself, I actually liked being by myself but I knew my mommy wouldn't approve.

Get friends she said.

Be popular she advised.

But like.... books.

Books are good friends.