Episode 4: Home Cooked pt 2

"Have you noticed Haz rarely ever eats breakfast or dinner in our own house on the weekends?" I asked, looking over at Aaron who glanced up from his phone to stare at me with furrowed brows

"No." He shrugged as I lowered the fire on the stove, sending him a dead panned look to which he tried to purse his lips, urging me to kiss him only for me to press the back of the spatula I was holding against his pouted lips.

"No." I said, mimicking his tone making him smile against the kitchen utensil as he stared at me.

Haz suddenly walked into the kitchen, taking a stool and hopping on top of it to quickly grab one of the dinner plates from the dish rack near the sink before he slipped it underneath his arm and looked over at us.

"Alright, I'm out, be back soon." Haz said, thumping his chest and throwing deuces up before he attempted to leave, fast walking with his stubby second grade legs right towards the front door in only his money pajamas holding a large plate under his arm as Aaron and I exchange looks.

"Wait Haz, I actually have breakfast here for you." I said, leaning over the counter with excitement when my son paused to stare at me.

"Oh, cool, whatta we got, cereal?" Haz asked expectantly, walking over to the kitchen island where I could only see his afro and the top part of his head as he placed the plate down and peeked over the counter to look up at me.

"Nope, I made you breakfast this time." I stated with a proud smile, straightening my posture as Haz's jaw dropped before he looked over to his father.

"Why would you let her punish me like that." He whispered to his dad in betrayal who also turned his attention to me.

"Woah babe, whatever Haz did we can talk about this, you don't have to make his meals, that's just cruel and unusual." Aaron cautioned in all seriousness, his blue eyes wide as he brought his hand over mine, slowly lowering the spatula down as I looked between my husband and son with raised brows.

"Oh quit it, I'm not trying to punish you- I just, I don't know I wanted to make you pancakes since I never really do." I explained, readjusting the apron on my body as I showed the two my work on the hot frying pan.

"Oh. All this time I thought you were just cooking random small black rocks on the stove." Aaron laughed as him and Haz peered down at the over burnt pancakes with distaste while I turned my head to look at him from the side.

"Yeah, they're your balls, you want some." I offered in a monotone voice, pushing the pan closer to Aaron who smiled, shaking his head and raising his hands up in surrender as Haz let out a low "oohhh..." bringing his small fist to his 'O' shaped mouth even though he looked pretty bored with the current conversation at the moment.

"Well, I don't want to eat my dad's balls so I'm just gonna go head out now." Haz casually said, dismissing himself as he grabbed his plate again and left the kitchen, both Aaron and I just staring at him down the hall until we heard the sound of the front door opening and closing indicating Haz had really just left.