Episode 7: Hail Storm pt 2

"Aight, I'm heading out for the meat festival, I'll be back by eight, love you

"Aight, I'm heading out for the meat festival, I'll be back by eight, love you." Haz said, giving me a kiss on my cheek as I looked up from my writing to find him dressed in an oversized hoodie and cap as he walked towards the front door.

"So, you're not going with Talie?" I asked him, watching as his body tensed and he froze at the door, his hand hovering over the knob before he straightened himself.

"Nope." He casually said, not even looking back as he opened the door and exited out of the house without another word.

I waited there on the couch, thrumming my fingers patiently against my notebook after a few minutes before darting off my couch at the sound of a car horn beeping from the front outside, making me toss my work and pencil to the cushions as I quickly grabbed my jacket, bag, and keys.

"Floor it!" I announced once I got out of my house and into Harry's car where he was waiting outside, the both of us dressed in black as I quickly buckled myself in with excitement while he glanced over at me.

"Where are we even going again?" He asked, turning in his seat to raise his brow at me.

"Oh right, meat festival. Floor it....." I trailed off again, poking Harry's knee, urging him to step on the gas as he looked at my hand before staring at my face with a blank expression.

"So that's why those two are here?" Harry began, jerking his thumb over his broad shoulder over to Carlos and Bernie who were dressed in all black attire as well in the backseats as they paused to stare at him.

"Do you see the way he treats us? No respect, no love." Carlos said with a shake of his head after a few moments of silence.

"Love me green orbed father." Bernie said, placing his large beefy hand over Harry's shoulder as Harry began to rub his face in frustration while I smirked besides him, leaning my elbow against the car door before Carlos and Bernie both began to rapidly chant "green orbed father" from the back.

"Okay I got it! Enough!" Harry snapped at the two, causing them both to flinch back in their seats with wide eyes.

"Daddy got angry...." Carlos whispered over to Bernie, the both of them still staring at Harry who let out a groan of annoyance while they snickered, highfiving one another.

"Look, I get that you want to spy on the kids and make sure they're okay and if I'm being honest I am a tad bit curious as well, but did they really have to come along with us?" Harry asked, now turning his attention to me as he started the car.

"Oh come on, they're pretty useful allies, right guys?" I said, looking behind me over at Carlos and Bernie who stared at me with clueless expressions.

"I can whistle through my nostrils." Carlos said.

"I brought free save the baby seals pins to give out." Bernie smiled, lugging a large cardboard box of pins.