Episode 18: Family

Haz was my biological brother.

And I was holding his child.

We had used protection, we did but we both knew condoms were only 99% guaranteed protection.

We just never knew we'd be the 1% that wasn't guaranteed.

I had told Haz we were expecting and he was nothing but open minded and caring like he's always been, even if we were both only eighteen.

He accepted it after we took a moment to ourselves and so did I, I accepted the consequence when I took the pregnancy test, it happened and there was nothing I could do but prepare.

But nothing could have prepared me for this.

I couldn't even look at Haz and he couldn't do the same without one disgusting word filling our heads.

Incest.

"I- I need air." I gasped in a shakey breath, my chest heaving up and down before I quickly ran out of the room, desperately needing some fresh air and space as I headed back inside to leabe from the front door.

I felt as if my lungs were collapsing, my heart beating rapidly in my chest, my pulse violently thrumming through my whole body as my vision blurred making me realize I was crying.

I ran and ran, not really knowing where I was going but not caring as I continued to cry before I stopped, panting for air and resting one hand on a nearby tree to support my shaking body as I thought about Haz and our child.

Haz was my brother.

And just by that one thought I bent forward and emptied all contents from my stomach, coughing with tears streaming down my flushed face.

Maybe if I hadn't been so busy panicking and crying my aching heart out....

So busy throwing up disgusted at the forbidden acts I had done with my own flesh and blood...

I would have noticed the black van that was following me just a few blocks behind...

The three of us just stood there in shock, completely silent when Talie left as we all processed what just happened.

Haz had brought his hands to his hair, pacing back and forth breathing heavily to himself as I tried to approach him.

"Haz-" I began, flinching my hands back when my son whipped around and slammed his fist against the metal of the garage, the loud bang echoing and booming throughout the room before he turned to me.

"I thought this shit only happened to white hillbillies who live in trailer parks!" He exclaimed in a panic, his face contorted in distress and anger as tears brimmed his pained green watery eyes.

"I mean... well now we know you're half white so..." I began as I cautiously approached him.

I stared at my poor son, not knowing what to say as I tried to bring him into a hug only for him to shake his head, quickly moving passed my opened arms and walking out of the garage back inside the house, leaving Harry and I alone.

I met Harry's gaze of disbelief as he searched my face for any hidden lies or cracks in my serious expression.

"Is Haz... is he really my..." He began in a low uneven tone, his whole body tense as I slowly nodded in confirmation, not looking away from his wide eyes before it finally hit him.

He inhaled sharply swallowing and taking a few steps back as if he took a physical blow from the information before he brought his hands to his hair, just like Haz did moments before.