Episode 14: Crab Kisses

AN: Sorry if there are any errors, I actually had to rewrite this whole chapter because my dumbass deleted everything the first time I wrote it and hoooo was I not happy.

"You think we're doing the right thing?" I asked while taking a bite of the warm bread in my hand, watching as both Nat and my dad were ushered to the sauna area while Haz and I lingered around the buffet table, getting our food

"No cause I'm bat shit crazy about you and have been for so fucking long then you go and just pull this whole parent trap shit on me and switch lanes."

I choked on the bread lodged in my throat, almost dropping the plate of food in my hands in the process before
I snapped my head to look up at Haz in disbelief, blinking at him wondering if I was just hearing things as he locked eyes with me, a calm expression on his face.

"What did you just..." I trailed off, swallowing as my grip tightened noticeably on the plate that I was holding.

Haz just inhaled slowly, closing his eyes briefly before opening them and looking at me with a grimaced smile.

"I said yes, yes I think we're doing the right thing -ohhhh look cocktail shrimps." He casually commented, dismissing the conversation and walking over to the seafood section of the buffet before I could so much as put a word in as I stood there absolutely gobsmacked with a burning face.

I glanced over to where Haz now was, his back facing me, even the muscles under his white shirt were straining with just the slightest movements as he carelessly grabbed a cold shrimp from the tray in front of him, popping it into his mouth, chewing it making his sharp jawline more defined while he surveyed the other food.

"Oh jeez," I mumbled to myself, my glasses already fogging up just by staring at him, practically having me drooling over something other than the food here as I quickly put my plate down to clean my glasses before he could see how pathetic I was.

"The food is for guests only." The small manager of the resort suddenly popped up besides me, clearing his throat with a polite smile and pointing at my pile of food stacked high on my plate as I put my glasses back on, blinking at him while my vision cleared.

"But I am a guest-"

"Oh sorry, let me rephrase." He said with a light hearted laugh.

"Guests who are couples and can pay for this. Besides, childish kids genuinely turn off the young honeymooners here." Liko deadpanned, dropping his commercial friendly grin in an instant as he pursed his lips.

"Technically we're already adults and you know what, just because Haz and I are young doesn't mean we're childish okay, we are two of the most mature people here-"

A crab suddenly rose ever so slowly to mine and Liko's height, as if the dead shell of the crustacian was joining in on the conversation while I looked down at Haz who was crouched at my feet by my side, holding the crab up that he probably took from the seafood table as I inhaled slowly.