Chapter Three

Hey! Here's the next unedited update. Please comment and vote. (I might just update again tomorrow)

Here's a little K-pop! Love this song! "I Need U" by BTS

Past...

Lillie steps into her top floor apartment in the heart of Gangnam, Seoul. Right away she kicks off her heels and head straight to the kitchen retrieving a bottle of water from the fridge. After taking a few gulps she discard the bottle and retreats to her bed room. Stripping herself of her clothes she walks into her grand suite and ran a warm tub fill with scented lily oils. It wasn't until her body was fully submerged under the water and the warmth calmed her tense muscle that she allowed her mind to wander to her current dilemma.

First things first, she wanted to murder her brother Jonah more than anything. He was keeping a secret she knew was all too dangerous from her and she didn't like it one bit. Whatever he was up to, she knows it can only spell trouble especially hearing his panic voice on the phone just hours ago. Whoever this Mindy girl is, she's sure they're together.

Now that leaves her with Nate. After escaping the elevator, she invited him back to her office so they can clear away his business and move on with their lives. Right when she matched his "girlfriend's" name to the marketing manager Jonah had fire, she knew something fishy was going on. Thankfully she was quick-witted enough to come up with a story enough to satisfy him for the time being.

She convincingly told Nate that Mindy was currently on a project in Japan and will not be returning for another week. She also told him that because Mindy was so new to the company and was so quickly rushed off to Japan for a project shortly after her arrival, no one in the company knew who she was besides the marketing director and a few coworkers in her department. She admitted that even she herself haven't meet the girl.

After Nate had left her office promising to return in a week's time, she did some digging on the girl before she phoned her brother who only told her to stall him without getting much more information out of him. But if her brother thought for one second he can hide from her, he was totally wrong. Lillie was going to demand the answers out of him next time they speak.

-

It's Saturday, three days after the incident and Lillie still wasn't able to get a hold of Jonah. Her patience was thinning and she just considers telling Nate the next time he comes into her office, the truth that his girlfriend didn't work with Sky Corp but is somewhere with her brother. Annoyed, she continues her jog on the Han River with her music blasted loudly in her ears.

For the past three days Nate has been exploring the city of Seoul to keep his mind off of Mindy. He cursed at his luck in love. His plan to surprise her here only backfire on him and now he was alone in a foreign country. Good thing his parents didn't need his help at the moment so he can stay in Korea longer than he had planned too. His eyes scan the sparkling Han River that stretches across Seoul appreciating its beauty. Holding up his phone camera, he snaps picture from left to right of the beautiful sunny day. He zooms in on a boat across the river and snaps the picture only for the boat to be blocked by a woman jogging across his frame capturing her instead.

Staring at the photo, he instantly knew who she was. A smile spreads across his face as he calls out after her. When she wasn't turning around to acknowledge him, he raced up to her, grabbed her arm and stopped her.

Lillie was pulled to a halt so quickly she lost her balance but the same hand that stopped her encircled around her tiny waist and steadies her against his broad chest. Finding her own balance she pushes against the chest and looks up angrily, but when her eyes met Nate's sparkling blue ones smiling down at her, her knees became weak and she almost buckle under them if not for his arm still firmly holding her waist.