Chapter Four

Dear my lovely and faithful readers, I'm truly sorry for not having update in so long. There has just been so much things going on in my life that I had wanted to give up on everything I was doing (School, work, and my writing). I needed a little time off to figure out me. Who I was, am and want to be. I also traveled a little to appease and freshen my mind. BUT now I am back and feeling so much better. I would like to thank those who reminded me that writing is one of the things I truly love to do by telling me to update my stories. I really smiled when I saw those comments and messages. I will get back on a weekly update schedule. An update will be released on Tues, Weds, OR Thurs as those are my less busy days this semester. So here is Chap. 4 NOT EDIT of Nathaniel (sorry if it's kinda boring, I'm still trying to get back in the mood of writing this story). Enjoy and as always leave your comments and votes. Love ya!

*****

Past...

The elevator door slides open and a handsomely dressed Nate steps off into the executive floor where Lillie's office is located. He took extra time working on his appearance this morning in hopes that he would finally get to see Mindy today.

Stopping at Danielle's desk he announced, "Hey, I'm here to see Lil...your director. She should be expecting me."

The secretary's jaw dropped when she laid her eyes on him. For a good moment, she was lost in his beauty. He cleared his throat gaining her attention again and she finally directs him to Lillie's office.

Lillie taps nervously at her desk. Her idiotic brother had done it this time. She was finally able to get something out of Jonah, and he was holding the dang woman captive. He claims it's for a good reason, the reason, she doesn't know yet. Her brother had begged her to keep Nate at bay for a while and to not say a word to him or anyone else no matter what. What surprised her more was the hint of jealousy in his tone whenever Nate's name came up. Something fishy is going on here and she's not going to stop pestering her brother until she finds out exactly what. But no matter what, at the end of the day, Jonah was her brother and she loves him dearly and can never risk him getting into trouble. She knows he's a good man even if he doesn't come off as one.

There was a loud hurried knock at her door seizing her tapping immediately. Clearing her throat and putting on her best poker face, she calls Nate in. Her eyes nearly popped out of its sockets at the site of him walking in. His tall, sturdy frame clothed with an expensive navy blue Armani suit and his shaven face and slick back hair made him look sexier than ever. He was a walking God she thought. Her poker face quickly diminishes and her tongue darts out to lick her dry lips.

At the sound of him clearing his throat, she quickly shuffles her gaze elsewhere trying to compose herself. "You look nice," she complimented and was relieved when her voice sounded more confident than she was feeling.

"I can say the same for you," he replied not failing to consume her beauty as always. "So, where is she?" he smiles handsomely ready to see Mindy.

Now comes the hard part she thought. "Nate, I'm sorry but I got notice yesterday evening that their project was extended, so she won't be coming back just yet. And per the marketing director, they don't know just how long before they return. I'm so sorry. I wanted to contact you yesterday but I didn't have any way too," she lied with a perfect face.

His smile suddenly vanishes and was replace with disappointment, sadness and anger. She felt so bad seeing the disappointment and curse herself for being such an awful person.

"I want to speak with her," he said trying his best to hold in his anger, "contact her now. If she knows I'm here, she will come back."

"It's not that easy. She's in another country I can't just pick up a phone and dial her. Besides, it's not my responsibility to know her contact information."