Chapter Twelve

Lillie stares out the window of her bedroom in her downtown condo overlooking the cityscape. Her mood dying just like the setting sun. It has been a week now since she returned home from Nate's private island located in South America. Her brother had told her that they were just off the coast of Brazil. She knew she wasn't home anymore when Nate had taken her but she didn't know that they were that far south.

Sighing, her gaze shifts to her phone in her hand. She was worried about him. Jonah had his men beat him pretty badly and she wonders if he ever made it off the island to seek medical help. She wanted to call him ever since she's gotten back. Just to see if he was okay, but every time the thought crosses her mind, she can't make herself do it.

"Doesn't matter," she tries convincing herself, "I'll be back in Korea in another week."

When she got back, her brother tried to grill everything that happened on that island out of her but she gave him little to no details. He threatened to send men after Nate again and she pleaded with him to just let it go. She told him that she wasn't in love with Nate but just shouted that out in the heat of the moment. He didn't seem convince for one second but promise to let it go if she returns to Korea to resume her work and to stay away from Nate.

Mindy was nicer about the whole ordeal and even told Lillie she will get into contact with Nate and let her know how he's doing. Although Mindy's married to her brother and they love each other with everything in the world, she can't help but feel jealous over her and Nate's relationship. She remembers how Nate used to look at Mindy and wish he would look her way once with his longing gaze. Her heart pained just thinking about it.

Just then her phone rings loudly filling the silent room with sound. She jumps at the sudden interruption before answering the call without looking at the name.

"Hello."

Silent.

"Hello?" she repeated.

"Hi sweetheart," the chilling deep voice answered sending a shiver down her spine.

She pulls the phone away from her and stare at the name just to make sure it was him.

"Nate."

"Miss me?"

"I..." Lillie didn't know what to say.

"Probably not, since you didn't even call to check and see if I was still alive," he sounded beat and tired.

There was a moment of silence before she replied, "Are you okay?"

"No... I miss you."

She inhales a shaky breath and her heart starts beating faster. He's just messing with her head she thought. She couldn't fall for something like this or him ever again. After everything that he did to her, she cannot be so weak.

"Sounds like you are okay. I'm sorry for what my brother did but you deserved most of it."

"Yeah a broken leg and a couple broken ribs," he sighs.

"WHAT?" her phone nearly dropped out of her grasp, "Oh my god, are you okay? I'm sorry I didn't know it was that serious."

"I'll live," he groans in pain and she can hear him shifting around.

"What's wrong?! Are you okay?"

He chuckles lowly, "Are you worried about me?"

"You know I am!" she shouted at him.

"Come to me."

"What?"

"My place, I'm back home. You've been here before remember. Where we had our... first kiss."