Chapter Fifteen

Lillie's heart race out of her chest. She feels like she is falling. Like the earth beneath her just cracked open ready to swallow her whole. Nate just confess to her that he likes her. The little girl inside her was squealing out of control but the grown up her knew better than do that. This could just be another trick from him to get back at her brother.

"V... very funny Nate," Lillie says not so confidently. She pulls her hands from his and to her surprise he actually lets go.

"I'm serious Lille."

She watches as he lifts his hand to her face. He tucks some loose hair behind her ear before gently brushing her face with his thumb. The butterflies in her stomach flutters out of control. Why was he doing this? She wonders.

"I don't know when it happened. I just know that you're constantly on my mind. Even in my dreams you won't leave me alone. I always want to see you. And whenever you're not in my presence, I miss you."

Nate lifts her chin with two of his fingers so she was looking directly at him.

"So be with me Lillie. Let's give this crazy relationship thing a try." He finished.

Lillie was speechless. His eyes are sincere, voice is sincere. He was being serious. He really did like her. She was beyond happy. She had always liked him for a very long time now and he was finally returning her feelings. But now of all time? Was it too late to escape their past. The evil things that he did to her can she just let that go. Her brother was another issue and not to mention he was in love with her sister in law. She doesn't even know if he's over her yet.

"I..." Lillie begins but stumble for words.

"I won't take no for an answer," Nate said. "I follow you all the way here. You won't get rid of me so easily."

He cups her face with both of his hand and stares lovingly into her blue orbs. Slowly he descends to her. Her heart was pounding so loud she was sure he can hear it. He was going to kiss her. Out of instinct she closes her eyes. Nate smiles at her cute actions. Wasting no more time, he closes his eyes and gently connects their lips. Softly he kisses her. The kiss was short but sweet. He pulls away letting her go and taking a step back. Her eyes were still close. He chuckles and returns to his station at the kitchen counter.

"Get dress sweetheart, breakfast is ready." He said grabbing two plates.

Lillie finally opens her eyes and looks over to him. He had a big smile on his face. She wanted to scream and jump for joy. He was just too darn adorable at the moment.

"Unless you want me to eat you instead," he said winking at her. Her cheeks burn crimson at his remark. Quickly she turns around and retrieve to her room.

When Lillie reached her room, she can no longer hide her uncertain smile. Her right hand laid atop her beating heart and she takes a couple deep breaths to calm herself down. How was she supposed to go back out there and face him. The tables had just totally turn. She woke up upset at him and now she doesn't even know what to think.

After deciding that she was not going into work today, she left the robe on and return to the kitchen. He had already laid out breakfast. Ignoring him, she walks over to her bag on the living room floor digging for her phone. She picks up her phone which is long dead by now and hook it up to the charger. When it turned on, she was greeted with a couple worried texts from Michael. She sighs in embarrassment having already forgotten what Nate did to him yesterday. She quickly sends him an apology text telling him she will explain everything the next day and that she will not be in the office today. She also texted her PA to cancel anything she may have going on today.