Chapter 26 · Little White Lies

· 26 ·

{ m i k a }

"Niiiiiall!" I yelled in front of his face once his picture popped out. He was alone in his bedroom, a snapback was worn over his head.

"Hello Mika." He greeted as he clicked some things in his laptop, probably he's already tweeting that we're skyping and he's doing a twitcam after. "Tell me, why do you have to break up with Harry."

"You already know?" I yelled in surprise and he simply nodded.

"So tell me why Mika." Instead of asking if I'm fine or a simple how are you, he wanted an update of Harry and I's messed up relationship. Typical Niall.

"You're the first one that's gonna hear it." I told him and he eagerly nodded. "It's the management fault. You know Liz?"

He nod once again and I continue telling him the story, "The last concert, she call Harry and I, she talked to me. Alone. She told me that I need to break up with Harry or all the consequeces will fall to Harry. Only God knows what consequences she's talking about."

I waved my hands dramatically as I explain him the story and he attentively listen.

"Please don't tell Harry." I breathe out. "I don't want him to be included in this mess."

"Your secret's safe with me." Niall winked and I know that even if he's acting childishly, he means it. We've been bestfriend since forever.

"How's the boys?" I shifted topic to release the awkward silence.

"They're all fine, they missed you though. Harry's on his worst though. He never came out of his hotel room since you left." He replied. "We're flying to London tomorrow."

"Have a safe trip Niall. I'm going out, good night!" I chirped and clicked the end call. I shut my laptop down and put it back in it's case. Then I stood up, getting my bag.

"Mom, I'm going out! I'll be back in an hour!" I called out and rush through the door. I got my car keys since I got an extra car here, my dad bought it for me last year and I've only used it once.

After five minutes, I reached the mall but first I parked the car and the only vacant space is the one at the very end of the parking lot. Lucky.

When I reached the end, I accidentally bumped into the back of a random car. Shit.

The driver comes out of the car, and it seems like the wind just blew hard. It was a man with his glasses on. He didn't turn his eyes on me, instead, he turned on the scratch on his car. Then on me. I felt nervousness all over my body. I'm not gonna die yet, am I? I jumped out of the car and face him.

"I-I'm sorry. I'll pay for it, just tell me how much." I apologized, examining the damage that I've caused his precious car. The guy removed his glasses and a familiar face strucked me. It's Ashton. "Ashton?"

"How about you just spend the rest of the afternoon with me?" He suggested amd I weigh the pros and cons of hanging out with him.

"You sure with that?" I asked and he nodded. "Then it's a deal."

After parking, we walked inside the mall, and we head to the book store first.

"Just let me see some books." I tell him and we entered the place. His hands were placed in his pockets as he stare at me, look for books. I just wanna get Hunger Games or John Green's books. Either one of that.

"Why do they have to put the greatest book at the top of the shelf?!" I complained, groaning at Ashton and he just shrugged. I tip toed, trying to get the books but my fingers hardly touch the books. "Arrgh!"

"Let me help you." He hold me on the waist, giving me a lift so I can get the books. "There you go."

"Thank you." I muttered sheepishly and probably my face holds a bright crimson color.

"This or this?" I hold the Hunger Games trilogy in one hand and John Green's collection of books in another. He put on his thinking face and eventually he pointed to Suzanne Collins' Hunger Games.

"Aww, I want you to pick John Green." I told him when we already pay for the books.

"Well, you asked me to pick!" He raise his hands up innocence and I just rolled my eyes. "Are you gonna go shopping like all those girly... girls?"

"I was supposed to... but I accidentally damaged your PRECIOUS car." I answered, air quoting the word precious to emphasize it.

"Not my fault. Well, hanging out with you is better than a bunch of money." Ashton shrugged.

"Even if I wanna chop your head off right now?"

"Even if you wanna chop my head off right now."

- - -

"That's not funny Ash." I stick my tongue out at his direction when he's trying to joke about unicorns. I'd remember Harry telling me his corny jokes and I'll tell him how corny his joke are but no, he wasn't here. Instead, it was Ashton.

"Well at least you laugh." He pointed out at me.

"No, I didn't!" I denied as I shove another fries in my mouth. My phone started ringing loudly with Harry's solo and I flushed in embarrassment. "I'll just... pick this up."

I stood up from my seat and quickly click the accept button. It was an unknown number.

"Hello?" It was supposed to be a statement but it turns to more of a question. "Hello. Hello?"

"Hello." The voice speak up.

{ h a r r y }

"Hello? Hello. Hello?" Mika told in the speaker and I just can't get myself to speak. I took a deep breath and let it out as a sigh.

"Hello." I say, so quietly that you could barely hear it.

"Harry? Is that you?" She asked and I quickly hang up.

Maybe I should get some sleep and forget about her for at least a night.

- - -

"Why do you have to call me this early?" I hissed as I took a seat in front of Liz. The same girl Mika and I saw in the concert.

"I've heard about you and Mika's break up." She calmly tell me.

"Get to the point Liz." I gave her a glare. I haven't been here for at least ten minutes and I'm already losing my temper.

"I know the reason why she broke up with you." She smirked at me and my expression soften.

"You do?"

"Well, I suppose she didn't tell you but she's getting paid." Liz explained and I atay quiet motioning her to go on. "All she wanted is money, Harry. Oh and wait, have you seen this?"

She gave me pictures of Ashton holding her by the waist in what seems like a book store and both of them laughing in the mall.

"Sad, isn't it?"

While I'm having my miserable life, she's there, having fun, loving someone else. Maybe it's her way of revenge because she thought I cheated on her but I really do love her. Maybe this is the sign that I should move on. Maybe I should forget about her.

I'll move on... and forget about her.

~ · ~ · ~

Author's Note: This is it! (: So Ash and Mika timeeeee! ;D Hate mee now :( And let me tell you that Liz is lying, they didn't pay Mika! ^.^

I was supposed to publish this yesterday but I watched This is Us. My mom bought me a CD. It's so beeeautifuuuul ♥ Okaaay, I know I'm way too late. :(

But, give me feedbacks. Please tell me what you think of the story. ♡ Pleeeease. Constructive criticisms are allowed. ♥

Babuuuuush :* See ya latuuuuuur :')

-Niiiiiiix ♥