Chapter 29 · Confusing Thoughts

Song For The Chapter : Nevermind by Taylor Swift

"All I really wanna do is be next to you but I'm too tired to fight, baby I could tell you now but baby nevermind."

· 29 ·

{ m i k a }

Instead of giving a proper response, I stay silent and still. What am I suppose to do? Shout at Harry when it wasn't really his fault? The last thing I wanna do is fight.

"We're dead." I muttered silently and I wish Harry didn't hear it.

"Stop blaming me okay?" Harry retorted.

"Did I say something about this being your fault? I didn't, so get your facts right!" I yelled. Too much for not wanting to fight.Great, just great.

"Why do I have to be stuck with you?" I whisper more to myself than to Harry.

"I don't want to be stuck with you either." Harry complained and I didn't even care if he saw me rolling my eyes.

We're back to being enemies then.

Silence filled the closed space we are in. The only sound I hear is the splashing of the rain drops on the cement road.

"How are you?" I asked in a sudden and Harry looks at me bewilderingly, obviously surprised by my question.

He quickly recomposed himself and answer my question, "I'm fine. Well, I'm with Amanda."

Ouch.

"T-that's nice." I stammered, trying to stop my tears from falling. Why did I even agree to this trip?

"How about you and Ashton? You two seems cute." He says and my head hang low.

"We're not even together. Is she treating you right?" God, what am I asking. He looks at me with confusion but I quickly replied, "Amanda."

He took a deep breath and then answered my stupid question, "She's the best girl I've ever had."

Well, that's like a stab in the chest. What do I expect? Me being the best girl he had? I left him.

"Oh, that's great. I'm glad you found the... right girl for you." I commented, not sure of what I'm gonna say.

"You still wear that." He says out of nowhere, staring at my chest part, making me instinctively cover my breast. "I mean the necklace I gave you. I'm sorry. Oh god."

"Uh, yeah." I flushed in embarrassment. I can feel my blood rushing to my cheeks. This is just so awkward.

"I'll try to fix the car." Harry informed me, shifting the topic. I nodded and he made his way out the pouring rain.

He inspect the car trying to see what he can do but by the looks of it, he have no idea. Sure, he can drive but he's not a mechanic.

"I really have no idea how to fix this thing." Harry told me, slamming it close and entering the car, soaking. "What are we gonna do?"

"I really don't have an idea." I let out a defeated sigh. We aren't going anywhere. I'm stuck here with Harry the rest of the night, alone. How could we be so careless? I bet ten thousand dollars that the boys set us up for their mindless pranks, leaving us together while they have fun. That just sucks.

"I'm gonna kill them." We mutter at the same time, making us look at each other then laughing.

"So we're partners in crime now?" I ask jokingly.

"Partners in crime." He simply answered, showing off his teeth for a smile. We were silent for like a minute but he asked a question all of a sudden.

"Do you love Ashton?"

"W-what?" I stammered. This question caught me off guard. I didn't once in my life love him. Maybe, like. But love? No way. He just wasn't my type. He just wasn't what I was finding.

But the one I was finding was right in front of me but then I was too scared to break him that I let him go. I'm just not sure that it was a right decision.

"I'm asking. Do you love him?" I wasn't asking him to repeat the question. Actually, I heard it right and clear. I was just taken aback.

"No. Of course not!" I defended and Harry quirked his brow, not believing the response he got. "Believe it or not. I don't. If you don't want to believe me, I don't care. My lovelife isn't your business so stop asking me these stupid questions."

"Then why did you broke up with me?" Harry asked, completely ignoring my remarks. That wasn't the reason I was surprise, it was his question. I've never expected for him to ask that question. It's been seven months. Why does he care?

"I--" I was interrupted by continous beeping. My phone.

My phone!

How could I be so dumb? Of course I can contact them with my phone.

I pull out my phone out of my pocket seeing Jule's name flashing on the screen. I clicked the green accept button then the speaker button.

"Hello! Mika! Where the hell are you guys?!" Jules yelled, furiously and I'm glad I set it on speaker and not beside my ear. Her voice is totally gonna break my drums.

"Our car just stopped. Why don't you ask the boys?" I rolled my eyes and I hear yells in the background.

"Promise Mika, it wasn't me! It was the boys. They set you up! I knew nothing about it!"

I knew it.

"Niall's on the way back though. No wonder he keeps laughing on the way here." She ponders. "See you in a few. Take care!"

She clicked the hang up button since it started beeping signalling that she hangs up.

"I'm gonna kill Niall when he gets here." Harry says to me and I nodded in agreement.

~ ·· ~

"How dare you Niall?! I hate you! How could you?! I thought we're bestfriends! What the hell is happening to you?! What's running your mind? Did aliens took over your body? Oh God Niall!" I continue blabbering, my hands waving in the air while Niall stood there still. "I hate you."

"Aww, it was Louis' plan!" He pointed at Lou, blamingly.

"It was yours Niall!" Louis yelled and I sigh. This is not getting anywhere. At least we weren't stuck for the night.

"So where's our rooms?" I questioned Jules but instead of answering my question, she said something else.

"Look who's here." I follow her glance and I stood there in shock.

It's 5 Seconds of Summer.

\\ ~ ·· ~ \\

HEY SORRY FOR THE LONG WAIT FORGIVE ME PLEASE. WELCOME TO THE REST OF FIVE SECONDS OF SUMMER. HEH.

SO I WAS THINKING... Amanda wasn't on their summer trip so why not put 5SOS? So I did. (:

Question of The Chapter:

Was that a good thing or a bad thing? XD
(THAT 5SOS IS HERE YAY!)

VOTES AND COMMENTS ARE LOVED.

Thank you for the patience and love.

xoxo nicole