Chapter 35 · Making Amends

• مهداة إلى my super duper very great readers (ily!)

warning: this is the last chapter before the epilogue, let's cry together. :-( this might be lame so i apologize in advance and i had the sequel's plot on the end nooote, check it out *wink* *wink*

oh and to my bestfriend @yaffa_rosas, really sorry for not updating you again. c: forgive my soul. (follow her! please im doing this as a peace offering XD)

· 35 ·

{ a s h t o n }

(a/n: his first and last pov)

My arms were wrapped around her body, holding her closer. She looks vulnerable, fragile and weak. Despite the fact that she looks tougher than other girls, she's still a girl with a fragile heart and Harry Styles happened to be the one who broke it. But I knew that he's also the one who can fix it.

She pulled away from our hug and rubbed her puffy eyes before she let out a laugh, "I probably look horrible now."

"No you don't. You look... cute." I tried to pull off a smile to lighten the mood and it seems to be working when she smiled back. It makes me glad that I happen to be the one to put that smile on her face. That was a huge achievement for me. "And I'm not lying."

"Gee, I'm not gonna hate you if you say the truth. My hair is a tragedy." She argues but I say nothing but response with a smile. I stood up, offering my hand to help her up and she gladly took it. Just her touching my hand would send sparks and an odd feeling in my stomach. But I had to push away those feelings for her. She wasn't mine. She's not mine. She'll never be mine. Plus, she's not a thing for someone to possess.

"Thank you for being an amazing... bestfriend?" That's all I'll ever be, a best friend.

"Bestfriends." I muttered and I hope it didn't slipped off rudely so I finish it off with a small smile. "I'm glad to be your bestfriend."

"Thank you Ash. Thank you." She tells me, making my heart skip a beat for the nth time this day.

· · ·

After dropping her off at her huge house, mansion rather, I quickly drove to my apartment, parking my car first in the driveway. I got my keys and put it inside the hole and twisting it open.

Alone, nothing new.

Luke's with a girl named Kylene. He says that they're just friends but as far as I know, it was more than that. He looks at her like an oxygen who he can't live without, she's something that Luke can't live without and I'm pretty sure Kylene feels the same way. They're just too shy to admit it to each other or probably they're already in a relationship but they didn't bother to tell us. Only God knows. With Calum and Michael, maybe at home with their family or playing video games. I don't know!

I have my own apartment though my family's house is just a ten-minute-walk from here. I usually go there but I stay here when I want to be alone and think. Right now, I don't know why I wanted to be alone but I knew for a fact that I wanna be a alone.

Maybe it was Mika. I can't rub off the feeling when I hold her around my arms, my heart was beating so fast and my mind was swirling with different thoughts and I can feel a bunch of emotions but I know, I know that I'm happy. For all I know, that might be the last time I hold her.

Ever since I first saw her, I've been crushing on her. It's our first concert on the Take Me Home concert and I saw her, talking to Niall. She's laughing with something that he said and Niall's laughing with her. Her laugh was something I could listen to forever. I wanted to talk to her but then Harry had always been that barrier, he's the one who Mika loves. Not me.

So when I saw Mika on the same plane with me on the way to Australia, it confused me why she had to go there. For the past seven months, she slowly tells me her story. And in those seven months, I know, and certainly, I was falling for her.