Chapter 31 · Drunk

· 31 ·

{ m i k a }

At one point, my arms were tightly wrapped around Ashton's waist then the next second I was trying to keep my head up from the water. I kick and flailed my arms around trying to gasp for a small amount of air but it was aimless. I have no idea what to do and I've never been in this situation before. Yeah, I know how to swim but my mind seems to be jumbled from the panic.

I tried to open my eyes but the salty water burn them shut. It was useless so I eventually give up and let the water take me in, being one of its victims. I can't believe that I'm gonna die in this kind of way. I haven't even tell the truth to Harry, I've never got the chance to apologize for my mistakes, I've never told Niall that I'm the one who stole his fries. I've never had a chance to marry. I'll never have kids. But it's too late for everything.

My body feels more lifeless and unconcious with each passing second and my senses seems to shut down but I could still feel the arms that brought me to the land with him. My head is finally out but my lungs didn't even react to this. My body was unresponsive and it feels like I was paralyzed.

"Mika. Mika. Are you there?" I hear a familiar male voice say. Something was different with his voice but I instantly thought its Ashton. He tries to press against my chest but nothing seems to happen. "C'mon stay with me! Damn you! Mika!"

He counted with each press trying to help me cough out the water from my lungs but it wasn't working.

That's when I felt it.

His lips pressed on mine as he try to blow out air to my lungs. My heart beat starts to return its normal pace and I feel like my body's finally coming back to life.Eventually, I cough out the salt water and Ashton pulled my into a tight embrace.

"A-Ashton?"

{ h a r r y }

"A-ashton?" She speaks for the first time and that just hurts. She expected it to be Ashton and not me when I was the one who swam just for her sake while that bastard stood there, doing nothing. I know it's selfish to think that but I can't help to be hurt.

I decided to loosen the hug but I keep silent. Her eyes fluttered open and her eyes widen in realization.

"Harry?" She speaks weakly but clearer than her last statement.

No answer.

She didn't break the silence though but she did something that caught me off guard.

She hugged me.

Tightly, her arms were wrapped around my bare chest as tears come out from her eyes. Just a simple touch from her would send me to electric shocks. The good kind.

"Thank you." She told me, hugging me tighter than before. "I owe you my life."

"You don't have to, Mika. It's my job to protect you." I answered and she just stare at my green eyes at the statement I just told her.

"As your bestfriend's best mate." I add.

That's all I'll ever be. Her bestfriend's best mate. I huffed out a defeated sigh, staring at the girl with me.

"Let's go." I swooped her in my arms and she seems caught off guard by my actions but decided to ignore it anyway. She didn't even leave a simple remark or protests.

I slowly walk to her room, cherishing this moment. Who knows? This might be the last time I get to be with her, might as well enjoy it. This is so wrong, though but it feels so right. What is wrong with saving a girl? But what's wrong are the feelings I have for her when I'm currently in a relationship. This isn't fair to Amanda, I'm stabbing her in the back. I've really like her though, but Mika just keeps making her way into my mind and heart and I just can't delete her even when I keep trying or my tries weren't just hard enough.