ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴏ: ᴛʜᴇ ɪɴsᴛɪᴛᴜᴛᴇ

Skylar ran up the stairs of the building her mother lived in, her heart was racing what an odd feeling. She ran into the apartment and froze seeing everything was destroyed. "Shit," Jace mumbled seeing the disaster, Skylar's eyes grew wide a such a sight.

"Mom!?" Skylar shouted, she ran off and looked room to room in a panic. Skylar's mind was filled with worry and panic, she didn't even hear Clary's screams. Skylar looked around hoping she was wrong, hoping that maybe her mother was here. Hoping that Jocelyn had fought whoever did this off and won.

"Skye, we have an issue," Jace said, she turned around and saw him...and Clary? What was that redhead doing here? Was she missing something? Did she happen to follow them?

"Why is she here?" Skylar asked pointing at the Mundie, Jace sighed. He didn't want to be the one to break the news to her but what else could he possibly do?

"She claims her mother is Jocelyn Fairchild." He said quietly, and with a serious facial expression on his face.

"Fairchild? Her last name is Fray!" Clary said and crossed her arms. Fairchild? No, that wasn't her mother's last name..it was Fray..so what on earth were they speaking about? None of this made sense to her.

"I don't have time to argue little girl, we need to leave. Soon enough this will apartment will be invested with demons and remember the last time you handled that?" Skylar frowned and walked away, her mother was keeping secrets and she was determined to unfold each one. Whatever was going on, she was going to figure it out and when she does..her mother better give Skylar the greatest explanation in the world.

~

"What happened to my clothes?" Clary asked as Skylar walked into the infirmary wearing skinny jeans and a normal t-shirt. A serious facial expression on her face, a dark look in her eyes..clearly her blood was boiling and didn't even want to be here.

"Jace and I burned them, they were covered in blood and poison," Skylar replied, Isabelle smiled and sat down on the edge of the bed. She could sense this tension and mentally noted to never leave these two alone.

"Aw if it isn't my beautiful parabatai, Clary meet Skylar," Isabelle said with her signature smirk on her face. Alright maybe pretending that these two didn't like each other wasn't the best move.

"Yeah, we met," Clary muttered, Skylar faked a smile and leaned against the wall. "Anyway tell me, is he always really rude or does he save that for the mundanes?" Clary was referring to Jace's charming personality that everyone just loved! No, his attitude wasn't the best but he meant well.

"Oh, he's rude to everyone," said Isabelle "It's what makes him so damn sexy. That, and he's killed more demons than anyone else his age." Skylar snorted "What? You can't tell me you don't find him sexy?"

"I'm not answering that," Skylar said as she glared at Isabelle, her parabatai was trying to get her to say something that she would use against her later on.

"Isn't her your brother?" Skylar and Isabelle exchanged looks and chuckled at such a question. Simply because Skye and Jace were blonde did NOT make them related...and he didn't even look remotely related to Isabelle.

"Jace? My brother? No. Whatever gave you that idea?" Isabelle asked with a brow raised, it was the first time that someone had asked her that question. Yet again everyone knew who Jace was in the shadow world