(City Of Fallen Angels) Chapter Twenty-Five: Party

After leaving Jace in Silent City, she needed to get ready for the party. She walked out of Isabelle's bathroom wearing a short, black laced dress. "You look beautiful." Izzy said standing there between Alec and Magnus who were having some issues. "Ready?" Kat stood there, they had her borrow a dress so she can join them to this party.

"Yeah." Skylar said and nodded. "I was hoping that maybe my boyfriend would have been with me today." 

"We're here for you." Alec said, Magnus and Isabelle looped their arms around Skylar while Alec looped his around Magnus's arm. "Let's get out of here." Kat smiled and followed them. She was amazed by how much they had all gotten along and how close they were.

~

When arriving Skylar immediately separated herself from everyone, she stood near a table staring at it. "Skylnn." She looked over and saw Kaelie. "I'v-" Skylar cut her off not in the mood for the Seelie Queen or her people. Skylar grabbed the bell from her hand and shooed her away.

"Leave, I am tired of your Queen and her comments." Kaelie walked away, Skylar grabbed the bell and threw it onto the floor. "We don't need your help bitch." She whispered and broke the bell with her heels. When they needed help the most, all she did was play games.  Skylar kicked the remaining pieces under the table and gulped. 

"Hey, sweet heart." Jocelyn said putting her hand on Skylar's shoulder. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing, I was just thinking."

"I can see something is bothering you."

"It's nothing, don't worry.."

"Where's Jace?" Jocelyn asked, Skylar stayed silent and licked her teeth wishing everything was final normal. Her father was gone and so was her brother. "I know he makes you happy and that's why I deal with him."

"He does and I love him."

"And I am happy that you are." Jocelyn said and smiled, she pulled her daughter in for a hug. "I am here if you need me."

"Thank you." Skylar pulled away with a smile on her face and left. 

Skylar wondered around until she found her table, she sat down in a awkward moment. Alec and Magnus were bickering back and forth, Izzy sat there with a frown and arms crossed glaring at Simon. She stared at the table and began to see runes once again. "Skylar?" Jordan nudged her lightly being the first one to see her act so odd. 

"Yes?" Skylar replied still looking at the table.

"You're acting weird." 

"You wouldn't know if I was, you don't know me." Skylar said, Isabelle and Magnus exchanged looks and sighed. She stared at the table and gulped. "I'll be back." Skylar stood up and left once again. Kat sat there silently, she had been there the entire time watching everyone. Magnus had brought her along to make her feel like she belonged.

"Is she alright?" Magnus asked, Jordan shrugged. "I am going to check on her."

"Maybe she needs time?" Kat suggested 

"Don't. Kat is right...she needs space." Izzy said "Leave her be, she's going through something."

Skylar pushed the doors open and walked onto the terrace breathing heavily.  She felt her heart began to race, something was wrong here. "Are you okay?" She looked over and saw Jace standing there wearing a suit. 

"Something's wrong.." Skylar said and walked over to him. Her hands were shaking and trembling.

"Remember when we use to talk about getting married if we couldn't find anyone else?" Jace asked, Skylar smiled softly and nodded.

"Yes." She said

"Well I have a rune that can help us."

"Jace, we already have a rune. Remember." She placed her hand over his heart and smiled. 

"Give me your arm." Skylar sighed and gave him her arm, he pulled out his stele and began to draw the rune as she looked around wondering if there was someone dangerous nearby that could have caused her to feel such pain. She looked directly looked at Jace feeling dizzy. 

"It was you.." She said weakly and blinked slowly.

"I'm sorry." Jace whispered and caught her before she fell onto the ground. "You look so beautiful.."