(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Six: The Gard

It was chaos...in Skylar's mind of course. Everything that was happening was giving her a headache and with how she was feeling right now..sick, weak and useless it made things harder for her as she fought a few endarkened ones...what happened really. The Citadel was under attack by many of Sebastian's creations..and this was not a good sight to see.

Skylar and Jace were left next to each other when going through the portal, their feet in the snow. Flakes were slowly covered their hair as they stood there. "Stay close by..." Jace whispered, looking over at her but Skylar had given him a look that said it all.

"I'll be perfectly fine, it's you I am worried about." Skylar said, she stepped forward grabbing two swords that were in a pile. She tossed him one, and he held it feeling strange using a sword with a right-handed grip. She was perfectly fine with this sword, she had left her actual one at home and she wished that she had it with her. 

Fighting these people was a lot harder than expected, why? It was their own kind that was at some point dying, and was in need of the mortal cup. Skylar could only think about how many of these people her mother knew, and what their families were going through. How Luke felt that his sister was dragged into this? She knew how enraged she would be if her family and friends were somehow turned against her because of Sebastian Morgenstern not Jonathan Morgenstern her brother. See she had a plan, and needed to hurry up not wanting anyone to stop her or try anything.

How were things going? Awful. Why? Let's say Skylnn kept getting sick, and she was trying to hold back and not want to throw up. She stuck the sword in the ground, holding onto it as she tried to steady herself. She breathing was heavy, she could hear the sound of swords clashing behind her yet no one saw the avenging angel there...useless. Her entire vision was blurry at the moment, her back had ached even more than before and in a blink of an eye she had fainted.

When opening her eyes, she saw...a person..blurry but she knew it was someone. Her eyes widened when she realized what was going on..it was Amatis pointing a sword at her stomach. "Valentine's daughter, took your time to waking up." Amatis said, she looked like her but that women was not..Amatis. She was not Stephen's ex wife or Luke's sister..she was a different person.

"Amatis...watch what you do next." Skylar warned her, and it a blink of an eye..the blonde had grabbed the sword even though it had cut the palms of hands and twisted it out of Amatis grip. And stood up a bit to fast, she felt slightly dizzy but fought off that feeling. It didn't take long for her to take down Amatis, she didn't kill her..she couldn't kill her. "Looks like there's no moving from here..."

~

When Skylar thought that things were finally settling down..it didn't. She had to let Amatis go, she sensed that something was wrong with Jace. And oh boy did that girl break into a run, her hands were still bleeding but that didn't matter right now. All that she cared about was that Jace was alright...that leaving him alone wasn't a mistake and that he was alright or else. Her heart would break if something awful had happened to him. When she saw him laying on the ground, she sunk onto her knees and looked at the others surrounding them. "W-What happened?" She asked, then looked down at Jace who's eyes were open.

"Sebastian happened." He replied not going into details, Brother Zachariah was kneeled beside him. She was unaware of what was going on, all she saw was a rune..that captured her attention. And guess what happened? She was simply staring, everything else was blurry for her..her mind was trying to figure out what it was for or from. What broke her out of this phase was the sound of Jace crying out, and his body half lifted from the ground. The Iron Sisters were moving towards the fallen brother, what was going on?  "Skye? W-What's happening? Is Brother Zachariah alright? What did I do to him?" He asked, trying to prop himself up with his elbows but it didn't work out.

"Don't worry about it, I-I need to heal you." Skylar said, reaching for her belt and pulling out her stele. Staining the stele with golden patches on it, she moved the stele hovering over his skin until he moved away quickly.

"Don't Skylnn, I don't want to hurt you. You're the last person I want to hurt." Jace said quietly, he was in pain and knew that he needed to be healed. Whenever you had a wound, you used a rune-a healing rune aka iratze to help you. 

"Jace, you won't hurt me." Skylar said trying to calm him down, she was on top of him so that he wouldn't move around or try anything. "Stay still....everything will be okay." She whispered, she slowly began to draw the rune onto his skin and as she did. She could feel the very last amount of her energy being drained....and her hands that continued to bleed did not help which Jace noticed causing his eyes widened. 

"Sk-" But before he could finish, the blonde had moved off of him and had fainted just like that. Her breathing was slow, and she had become slowly paled, her stele had rolled out of her hand..........