(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Fifty-Two: It's Time

Skylar opened her eyes instantly, her breath was heavy as she looked at the others who were wide awake. She slowly sat up before standing up and gulping. "Bastard..." She whispered over and over again, she then checked on Izzy, Clary and lastly Jace. Everyone expect for Jace, which didn't speak about what he had saw.

As walked, and walked...it felt like years of nothing but walking. It was tiring, Skylar was just about ready to collapse...she kept coughing over and over again. She had covered her mouth once again and coughed up blood this time. Her head was pounding, they needed to rest now. And as the others argued about finding shelter, they found this cave that seemed perfect enough.

And guess who dropped onto the group, and closed her eyes instantly. Skylar did, Isabelle had chuckled softly and sat down beside her parabatai. "Skye....your back is bleeding." Izzy said softly, she gently placed her hand on her back and her eyes widened seeing all the blood on her hands. "By the angel....Jace!!" She called, she was slowly panicking about this. Skylar's breathing had started to become heavy, almost impossible to breath even. Jace had come running over, his mind racing, and he bent down..sighing softly.

"Oh Skye....I think...it might be time." Jace whispered but Skylar didn't even hear a word that was said...why? She was out cold, her mind was taken to an entire new place. What was going on in there? Confusion, voices, pain and even more that she couldn't explain at all.

~

Everything had gone to hell when Skylar was out cold, Clary had spoken to her unconscious sister over and over again but what she should do about Jace in case something happened. Oddly enough, when Clary touched Skylar's arm, she felt a sudden boost of energy. "What the hell..." She whispered looking at her hands that began to shake as if...this was something powerful. And this was needed for one thing only, helping Jace when his flames had gotten out of control nearby. All she needed to do was touched him, and she did that exact thing before she stumbled back the second all the flames banished.

Isabelle, and Alec had run over, seeing that Jace was alright and this was amazing. But Jace's main concern was his girlfriend who was left with a vampire...because a soon to be angel and a vampire alone made sense. He knew that it was....stupid but the others needed to check something out that before they returned...that was exactly what happened. They had gone enough, leaving Simon to tend to Skylar...or at least keep an eye on her. When the other returned, Isabelle was injured and Simon had done something to help her thankfully. He was then forced to feed off of Alec, that was quite an odd experience for him to go through . Jace had quickly moved away from his siblings and had rushed off to check on Skylar, his eyes scanned her back that had stopped bleeding. "Simon, help me take her to this lake I found. We need to clean her up.." He said, Simon opened his mouth to speak but Jace cut him off. "And control your bloodsucking instincts, she is not a snack..." The daylighter frowned, and rolled his eyes not saying a word. He simply helped Jace pick up Skylar and his eyes widened when he....felt how weightless she was...even Jace did. "Be careful..." He mumbled under his breath, which Simon heard and sighed.

When Simon helped Jace take Skylar to the lake, he had left the two alone and surprisingly the blonde was awake slightly. "J-Jace, what's going on with my body?" Skylar asked softly, as he helped her take her clothes off, and then he took off his.

"You tell me, angel. During everything...you have managed to sleep through it." Jace said softly, leading her into the lake, of course he left her in bra and underwear while he had his shorts on. They weren't going in there naked, that would be a lot and very weird. Skylar felt her entire body shiver intensely when stepping into the lake, immediately wrapping her arms around Jace's neck to steady herself. She laid her head on his chest, breathing heavily.

"I shouldn't have come, I should have spoken about how I was feeling but no...I didn't say a word..." Skylar whispered weakly, Jace had one arm holding her steady while the other gathered some water and lifted his hand from the water. Letting some droppings onto her back slowly, getting rid of the blood that was on her back.

"That's just the way you are, you do whatever you pleased without thinking." Skylar chuckled softly, looking up at him and smiling. Everything then fell silent, everything was silent to her though...Jace was speaking she could see his lips moving and his little smirk as he did. Turning into an angel? It seemed as if...she was simply going mad now. She could hear her own heartbeat, going from a normal pace to a faster one...faster than ever before. "Skye?" He called out, waving his hand across her face watching her stare into the water. "Skylnn? Hello?" Suddenly she could hear his voice once again.

"Sorry, I-I zoned out." Skylar said quietly, he sighed and shook his head slowly. He hated this so much, seeing her this way. Her mind was so out of it, more than ever before and he couldn't help her in anyway.

"Turn around, so that I can clean you up." Jace said, maybe it was best not to remind her of..the pain and how she was feeling by asking questions. Skylar turned around, letting him softly use the water to rinse her back off. But of course there was one bad thing about this, the blood stains wouldn't go away unless he used a cloth, and pressure which she could handle.

"Stop, I can feel the droplet's. My senses have intensified....it's a weird sensation." Skylar said, that was what she believed. "Actually, touch me back gently but afraid avoid the scars." She added, Jace slowly used his fingertips to touch her back, causing her to shiver once again. He continued to do it...it amazed him how much has changed. "Leave me behind, you go after Sebastian."

"S-" Before he could argue, Skylar had turned around quickly and grabbed his hand tightly.

"Sebastian needs to be stopped...and I can't do it right now.." She added, giving him the most pleading look. "I will be fine, but you need to stop Sebastian now...without me holding you back..."