(City Of Glass) Chapter Twenty-One: Epilouge

Skylar and Isabelle walked around together, both dressed beautifully. It made Skylar happy to see Isabelle smiling once again, talking now but Max would forever be on her mind. "You should look for him." Isabelle said looking at Skylar, she hasn't seen Jace in two days. She had been busy running around with Clary and her mother, Skylar had also remembered her real brother, Sebastian. How he found her and spoke with her, when they were children running around in the Manor. 

"You're right." Skylar hugged Isabelle and walked away from her parabatai. She walked around and caught a glimpse of Jace sitting there. "Bingo." She said and walked over to him. She sat down beside him, Skylar stared at the silver box on his lap. "What's this?"

"My father's." Jace said and handed it to her, Skylar opened it and looked through him. "I feel like I don't have an identity."

"You're Jace Lightwood, Maryse and Robert were there for you Jace. You are their son."

"And Herondale is apart of me as well."

"Then be Jace Lightwood Herondale." Skylar said and smiled. 

"You're right." Jace said, he reached or her hand and kissed it softly. "How are you feeling without Seraphina?"

"You know, I sometimes catch myself speaking to myself forgetting  that she's gone." Skylar sighed "I miss her you know." She covered her face and sighed.  

"You'll be fine." Jace brushed his thumb across her knuckles. 

"I know, it's just a lot more difficult than I thought." Skylar handed him his box back and stood up. Jace put the box aside and stood up, he grabbed her arm and pulled her closer to him. 

"I want to ask you something."

"Yes?"

"So I never asked you officially, if you wanted to be my girlfriend." He poked her nose and smiled. 

"Hmmm....I don't know.." Skylar said with a smirk on her face. "I am kidding, I would love too be your girlfriend." 

"You had me there for a second." Skylar giggled.

~

Skylar stood on her bed with Isabelle trying to reach the stars, she had thought it was time to get rid of them. "These stars are actually beautiful, you know." Isabelle said, Skylar sighed in frustration. Neither of the girls could reach it, Isabelle sat down on the bed and watched her short parabatai try. 

"Max, use to come here just to fall asleep because he liked the stars." Skylar said, she stopped reaching for them and sensed Jace nearby. For the past few days, they had been able to sense one another and feel if the other is sad. "Jace!" She called, the golden boy walked in wearing his gear. 

"Yes?" Jace said

"Can I get some help?"

"Aww, too short." Jace teased "Have you tried getting on Isabelle's back?"

"Didn't you here us fall?" Isabelle pulled up her shirt revealing a huge bruise on her side, Skylar nodded. "It was awful.."

"Okay, well let me help." Jace walked over to Skye's bed and stood up on it. He pulled the stars off the ceiling, Skylar watched with a frown on her face. "You should grow more." He handed her the stars and smirked. 

"I can't, now get off my bed. You have your boots on!" Skylar shooed him, Jace hopped off her bed and winked at her. 

"Are you still going out for dinner?" He asked, Jace sat down on the edge of her bed. 

"Yes." Skylar replied, Jace scanned her room and noticed a pile of papers on her dresser. He stood up and walked over to it. 

"Where you guys going?" Isabelle asked, Jace picked up the papers and read it silently.

"Not sure yet." Skylar replied

"You're changing your last name?" Jace asked, Skylar looked over and nodded. "Fairchild."

"I don't want to be a Morgenstern, not after what happened."

"I think it's a good idea." Isabelle said, Jace put the papers down and Skylar hopped off her bed as well. "When are you going to change it?"

"Very soon, now I will be known Skylnn Mackenzie Fairchild."

"Maybe Herondale." Isabelle added, Jace glared at Isabelle and shook his head. "What? Might as well tie the knot."

"We just started dating." Skylar said, her cheeks were slightly red. This was slightly embarrassing for her.

"Fine but promise me, I'll be the one planning the wedding."

"We promise." Skylar and Jace said in unison, they exchanged looks and sighed.