(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Three: KOSTI LUSTR

Skye blinked slowly as she read the neon sign of the club, she was surprised that she was actually going to a club with these two. Her mind wondered what Isabelle must have been trying to do to save her now, all she knew was the plan to summon an angel that she was sort of worried about. Seraphina had to come off as cold and ruthless around the others, the only person she could ever warm up to were people that Skye truly loved and care about...Isabelle, Alec, Magnus, Jace, Clary and her mother. When the three walked into the club, the flashing lights blinded Skye for a few seconds.

The smell of sweat, beer and smoke filled the entire club, everyone was pressed together dancing and the music was bursting loud enough to make ones ears ache in pain. They continued Sebastian who had taken them completely different..which surprised her a bit.

This time they were surrounded by other downworlders who were enjoying their time. She flinched a bit when she felt hands on her shoulder, she looked back at the silver boy. "Let me hang this up for you." He whispered into her ear, Skte let him take her coat off before he vanished off through the crowd quickly.

"Well he is in a hurry." Skye mumbled before facing Jace who chuckled.

"I guess he needs to meet someone. But now that we are here together-" He paused as he once again pulled her close to him. "We're going to have some fun." He whispered and smirked.

~

"Isabelle, are you positive that you want to summon Seraphina?" Simon asked quietly and sighed. "What if the angel has forgotten about you all. The last time you saw her...well that was when Valentine was killed."

"Simon, I know but Seraphina wouldn't mean harm to me. I am Skylar's parabatai which means I am safe...she knows that if I die half of Skye does too."

"I just don't wa-"

"You're not my boyfriend, okay? I got this and if something does happen then shame on me. But one thing that I do know...Seraphina may want something in return. She may seem sweet but she is still an angel." Isabelle said and ran a hand through her dark hair. Simon nodded as he listened to her and shrugged.

"We'll see what it is, I mean the price can't be that high...right?"

"I wouldn't know what angels are interested nowadays." Isabelle said "We should go inside, the others want to know what my decision is." The two walked back inside where Magnus sat on the couch, drinking. He needed to stay calm and reserve some energy.

"Did you decide?" Magnus asked setting his mug down on the coffee table, Alec looked over at Isabelle and watched her.

"We are summoning Seraphina." Isabelle said, this was for her brother, her parabatai and revenge for Max...her little brother whom she loved dearly. "And we are getting the others back."

~

Dancing was something Skylar had to know what to do when she went out with Isabelle even though she wasn't much of a table. She didn't mind it at the moment, she felt a rush as she danced with Jace. When she pressed her body against his, she saw a silver substance drip onto his hair and skin. Oh she knew what this was...exactly what kind of club did her brother take them too? A smirk spread on Jace's lips, he wiped the silver liquid from Skye's cheek and brushed it against her lips. "You remember the last time...I got involved with this?" He asked in a whisper

"Yes. I do..which I wonder..if this is a good idea." Skye said, she didn't like her lips and wasn't sure if she wanted to do this.

"Skye, you're tense and you need to relax a bit." He said as placed some of the silver liquid on his lips as well before leaning in, pressing his lips against hers. There was a first time for everything, this was perfect. The kiss was slow and rough, both tasting the sweet-sour liquid. The moment they pulled away, and Skye opened her eyes she saw her brother which made her frown.

"Where is Jace?" Skye asked as she scanned the crowd for her beloved, Sebastian sighed.

"Lost, now follow me." He said, taking her hand and leading her away and sadly she let him. He led her towards the middle of the room, to the fountain. "Look at us through the water." And she did..not really understanding what was the entire point of this is. "What do you see?" He asked looking at their reflection.

"Twins. That's all." Skye said before glancing at him, she was starting to feel the affects of the silver liquid.

"Don't you see it?We're the same, you and me." Sebastian said, Skye scoffed and shook her head.

"No, we're different. You have demon blood and I have angel blood. Your mind is dark like your heart, my mind is pure like my heart."

"You have a dark heart, Skylnn."He said stepping closer to her. "You better accept it....we are Valentine's children..." Skye started to laugh, he just stared at her but before he could say anything.

"What's going on?" Jace said as he slowly approached them, Skye pulled away from her brother and faced Jace.

"I lost you there." Skye said, Jace nodded and smiled.

"One second I was dancing with you, and the next you were goneand a very persistent werewolf was trying to get the buttons on my jeans undone."

"Girl or boy?" Sebastian asked after he chuckled a bit.

"Not sure. Either way, they could have used a shave." He paused and took Skye's hand. "Do you want to go home? Or dance some more?" He asked, she bit her lower lip in thought before replying.

"Let's go have so more fun." Skye said before Jace led her back through the crowd. She blinked slowly as she began to see things, was this a sign for something. She closed her eyes shut and gulped, her mind was racing a bit at the images that flooded her mind. Everything else was a bit of a blur to her, one minute they were on the dance floor and then they were in a somewhat private room..making out.

Skylar can feel the heat coming off Jace, as her hands explore his chest, Jace growled a bit before pushing her against the wall. His hand travelling up her thigh slowly, he pulled away from the kiss, tugging at her lower lip a bit. "You can tell me to stop whenever you want," he said. "Butyou won't." He whispered and smirked.

-

Usually I don't update till Sunday but in case you didn't notice the book cover for this book and the Parabatai were changed thanks to AshBow2200 who made me two beautiful covers! You guys should go check her out.

- xLittleMissReadAlotx