(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Seven: Plans

Skylar felt her heart suddenly race, she could feel Seraphina's presence and it sent shivers down her spine. She wished that she was there to see and ask for help, ask for advice..she needed advice here. She had snitched on Jace when he attempted to get them to Silent City...and she regretted it. She sat on her brother's bed and stared at Sebastian standing in the door way...watching her. "What are you doing in here?" He asked as he slowly approached her, he had given her a dress to change in for tonight but she refused to wear it.

"Looking for you?" Skylar replied unsure of what else to say, he gave her a look and shook his head.

"Where? Under the bed?" He asked as he sat down beside of her before placing his hand over her closed one. "Skylnn, I have known you since we were children. I know when you are keeping something from me...." He whispered, his voice was cold and deadly. He forced her hand open and chuckled when he saw the ring. "Sad...isn't it? How someone as smart as you fell for a trap...did you think I wouldn't recognize faerie work? Do you think the Queen is such a fool that she would send you off to retrieve these for her without knowing you would keep them for yourself? She wanted you to bring this here, where I would find it." Skylar froze as her heart sunk..he knew everything..every single thing.

"Y-you know." Skylar said and gulped, she had never been afraid of her brother up until now. He had changed quickly, his dark eyes staring at her and Jace isn't here...at all. He would have said or stopped him no matter what.

"Forget them, your Shadowhunter friends. Your place is with us. With me. Your blood cries out for power, like mine does.Whatever your mother may have done to twist your conscience, you know who you are.." He said, grabbing her wrist tightly and pulling her towards him. "Jocelyn made all the wrong decisions. She sided with the Clave against her family. This is your chance to rectify her mistake." Skylar pulled her wrist away from him and shot him a glare before standing up.

"She didn't make a mistake, her only mistake was not killing you when she had the chance." Skylar hissed, Sebastian was suddenly filled with rage. He stood up, grabbing her arm forcing her to turn around.

"Without me, you wouldn't be alive! I should have let father beat you until you bled." Sebastian said and pushed her up against the wall. "I don't get it, we were once so close.." He whispered and stroked her cheek and that was when she took the opportunity to elbow him in the face then take the ring. Sebastian stumbled back a bit, Skye dropped the ring on the floor and smashed it with her boot. She had ran out of the room and headed to the living room, she needed pulled out a stele she had stolen from Jace. She closed her eyes and inhaled deeply seeing the rune that she needed to draw.

Skylar began to draw the rune quickly before Sebastian came from behind and pulled her away. He threw her against the wall and trapped her, his body pressed against.  "No one believed me when I said you and I were the same. The dark thoughts, faking everything. You pretended as if you were on our side! We are the same, Skylnn." He whispered into her ear, she smacked him across his face and shook her head.

"That's were you are wrong, I cared about you until you killed Max and broke my parabatai's heart. You ruined everything and that is why I hate you, and we are not alike because unlike you I love Jace and care about my friends, and my mother..and MY little sister." Skylar said, as Sebastian spit out blood onto the floor before facing her with a grin spreading on his lips.

"You have one hell of a slap. You're stronger than I thought but you wouldn't kill me unless you want Jace...to die as well...remember the first time he did. Oh how it broke your heart..." Sebastian said in a low voice as he stared at the gold rune on her chest. "That's your rune with Jace, his is fading away.." The moment he traced it with his fingertip, Skylar flinched and pushed him away from with all her strength. He flew back quite a bit but didn't hit the way, instead he simply stood there, glaring at her. "I've hit a nerve haven't I?" Skylar stayed silent, she had a plan now and it was bound to work. "Now you're giving me the silent treatment? Go change, Skylnn and make yourself presentable. Like when we were in the club, it gave you and Jace a chance to screw each other."

Skylar simply turned around and headed to her room, she looked at her hand that had been shaking uncontrollably. Did she really sleep with Jace and not remember it? Was it possible that it was after she saw the hallucinations that she did? She can feel Sebastian watched her until she got to her room and slammed the door shut. She inhaled deeply and closed her eyes. "He didn't hurt me.." She exhaled and shook her head, it was surprising that he hadn't even hurt her after she hurt him.......

The Other MorgensternOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara