(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Seven: Blur

Skylar's world was spinning, unaware of what was truly going on and happening to her. But when she opened her eyes, she saw Isabelle who was staring at her with...an odd expression on her face. "I am mad, no livid! You went through that portal? Really Skylar? You could have gotten killed, and Jace as well. You can't be reckless anymore!" Once Isabelle finished speaking, Skylar had slowly sat up and was pulled into a tight hug. "I hate you...and I'm still mad." Skylar chuckled quietly and hugged her back before pulling away slowly, seeing her mother and Luke there as well, looking at her with a smile. Clary was also there which was good, she needed a good sibling not one who was no longer her sibling and called himself 'Sebastian'

"Where's Jace?" Skylar asked, of course it was the first thing that she asked, he was literally her heart. And if anything happened to him, she would never ever forgive herself for it, She couldn't imagine how bad things would get for her, she slowly stood up but ended up sitting back down, her head was pounding.

"He's alright." Luke replied before looking at Jocelyn with a look in her green eyes, it always bothered Skye how Clary and her mother looked more similar unlike Skye. It made her wonder when she was younger whether or not they are truly related. But the blonde knew the truth, and thanks to Seraphina..she looked liked the odd one out in the family.

"What is it?" Skylar asked wondering why the room was filled with silent, this made her panic mentally but didn't show the fact that she was, it was something she did often. 

"I know about what's happening to you, about Jace accidentally burning you." Isabelle said, glancing at Jocelyn who looked away from a second not wanting to make her eldest daughter angry for telling Isabelle something she wasn't ready to speak about. "And all the other things going on, I know..and you should have told me."

"I-I didn't want to tell you because I wasn't ready to, I didn't even know what's going on." Skylar said, a lie..a pure lie. She knew exactly what was going on..she simply thought it was best to keep to herself. Do you know how many questions would be asked? How she was going to figure out how to answer it all? It was times like this, she wished that Seraphina was here. "Can I see Jace?" She asked, avoiding all the questions that may be asked soon enough.

"Tomorrow." Isabelle replied, seeing the way Skylar was trying to change the subject...sighing. She watched her parabatai speak to her mother, sister and Luke. Speaking about all that had happened and why Skye had done what she did by going through that portal and about Amatis. 

~

Skylar had stayed in Amatis's house, why? She didn't want to go out when she was feeling so ill and sick. She couldn't even spend too much time on her feet instead of being able to stand on her feet all day. She had returned to her room, wanting to lay down but instead she had another surprise...Sebastian sat on a chair with his sword on his lap. "Hello, twin." He said, the blonde only felt rage right now but simply placed her hand against the wall to keep her from falling over. 

"Why are you here?" Skylar asked, hissing as she slowly approached him but didn't get to close..he was watching her carefully and was fully aware that she didn't have any weapons on her. She was a vulnerable shadowhunter, it would take a while to take her down but still no weapons made it easier. 

"Is it wrong for your brother to come by and see how you're doing? Especially after everything..I wonder why you're always tired now. Unable to stand straight, and your bright-" Sebastian paused mid sentence before standing up, and moving over to her. "blue eyes filled with nothing but pain, I know that look quite well...it hasn't changed since you were a little girl." He grabbed her chin, forcing her to look into his black eyes...pure darkness. "The scared little girl, who would cower into a corner when hearing father yell...or walk down the hall. The sound of his voice and shoes hitting against the floor...oh how it made you cower."

"What do you want?" Skylar asked, stepping back and moving her chin out of his hand. Keeping a distance between the two..the closer he got..the more and more she worried. She wasn't as strong as she once was..this was just too much for herself to handle.

"To speak..to you about joining me once again. I need you here, I need you to join me along this quest. This is us, you and me..sister. We have always had such a strong bond, a strong mind and heart..a dark heart." Sebastian whispered, and it made her feel sick how he kept calling her 'sister'

"Sebastian isn't my brother, Jonathan Christopher Morgenstern is my brother...not you." Skylar snapped, tired of this all....in general..this was all simply draining for her. "Let it go, I am not your sister...I am Jonathan's sister." Sebastian moved swiftly, pinning her against the wall and holding her wrists tightly, glaring into her bright blue eyes.

"Watch yourself, Skylnn. I can as easily take your life...right now." He hissed, holding onto his sword as he moved it slowly against her neck that was when the blonde smirked slightly at him.

"Then do it." Sebastian's eyes widened slightly, for a second...Skylar swore the black eyes had turned green for a split second as he pressed it against her neck but didn't move. He couldn't do it, he needed her....but did he really? Skylar watched him, inhaling deeply as she waited for him to do something...she knew that he would never hurt her.