(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Five: It's Out

Jocelyn had dragged her eldest daughter into a room where she can speak to her what she had just witnessed, it was...weird and impossible. Skylar sat down on the bed where Jocelyn was staying while Luke was there as well. "It healed, it was a burn that your boyfriend gave you and you did not say a word about it...you didn't mention that you were suddenly healing yourself." Jocelyn said as she paced back and forth. 

"Mom, I am sorry?" Skylar asked, shrugging slightly and cleared her throat. Luke gave her a look that said it all, she felt like a child being scolded for her actions. She never had this kind of...talking too...Magnus didn't really get her in trouble and Valentine was more of a physical kind of man than a verbal one.

"Skylnn..what is this? What is happening?" Jocelyn finally asked, the fiery redhead stopped pacing..she was now facing her daughter looking down at her. 

"Well, I can't exactly explain what is going on-" The two adults caught on to the fact that she was holding back from saying what was truly going on.

"Skylnn Mackenzie Morgenstern Fairchild, I suggest you quit playing games and speak the truth." There it was, the deadly mother voice and look in her eyes. 

"I am turning into an angel!" Skylar blurted out and covered her mouth with her hands, closing her eyes for a few seconds feeling quite relieved that she was able to tell someone or two other people. "My body is changing in ways I can't explain...I feel this pain on my back all the time..it even bleeds, I feel sick at times...I sometimes even see runes all the time...or apparently I heal myself!" She explained, she rolled up her sleeves and covered her face with her hands, Jocelyn and Luke fell silent. They had no words to explain how they were currently thinking. 

"How is that possible?" Luke asked, crossing his arms over his chest as he waited for any kind of explanation. 

"It's because of Seraphina, she made it possible for me...her blood is turning me into an angel. Each day it gets worse and harder and harder for me to control this transformation. The wings, the runes...oh god all the runes..." Skylar said, shaking head slightly as she thought about all that she had been experiencing during this transformation that was exhausting. "It's just a lot...can I go? I need my rest...as much as I can get before going out with Jace again."

"Skylnn, no! You are staying here until we know what is truly going on with you. This isn't normal and unheard of...this is unbelievable..The Clave could assume that you have been experimenting on yourself like Valentine." Jocelyn said, this caused the blonde to roll her eyes slightly annoyed by this but only nodded and played along with it.

~

Sneaking out was easier than ever before, Skylar was no idiot and was not going to stay inside just because her mother was worried about what others would think. No one but them knew what was going on, so what was there to worry about? The blonde walked over to Jace and sighed. "Let's go."

"I never thought I would see the day that Skylnn Morgenstern would  be grounded." Jace said, his voice teasing slightly which caused her to shoot him a cold glare and shook her head at him before she started to walk off to go get some weapons. She heard rumors of a sword belonging to the Morgenstern family was there waiting for her. Jace and Skylar walked along side each other, in silence..just by looking at her you could see something was on her mind. And it was starting to annoy him that he didn't know what it was. When entering the store, Diana watched the two with a smile. 

"I suppose you have come in to pick up the sword that belongs to you, Skylnn?" Diana said as she pulled out the one sword that Skylar had been hesitating to get back. She sighed as she stepped forward and held her hand out. Diana handed Skylar the sword and watched her carefully. "You went after Emma, that's not something many do...leave a meeting to go after another."

"Well she's a little girl, and I understand the position she's in. She's losing everything in a blink of an eye,she doesn't deserve that. Neither do any of those children." Skylar said honestly, looking down at the sword in her hand. Jace stayed silent, watching her and smiled faintly as she did. When he blinked, he saw something...that he has never seen before..wings on her back. He shook his head and cleared his throat, what was going on? He was seeing things now? 

"Hmmm...your father once carried Phaesphoros and  now your brother does..but tell me..Skylnn..what do you plan on doing with this sword? From what I hear, you have a sword that was blessed by an angel..that should be quite enough for someone like you." Diana said, Skylar looked at her and let out a soft sigh. She knew exactly what she was going to do, it was a mission she had..it was something the angels were waiting for someone to do.

"I think by now, everyone knows what has to be done to a monster who takes his own kind and turns them into monsters." Skylar said, she had a dark glint in her blue eyes that only meant one thing. She was set on her plan, she will be killing Sebastian with her bare hands if she must. But something that others need to understand is, she isn't killing her brother Jonathan..she was killing Sebastian someone who was killer and that was the one thing she thought about over and over again. Diana had fallen silent as she read a letter that had arrived.

"There was an attack on the London Institute." Diana said, Skylar and Jace exchanged looks...this was the last thing they wanted nor needed at the moment.