(City Of Heavenly Fire) Chapter Forty-Four: Force

Skylar had take a bit longer than expected, she had walked around for a few minutes trying to relax and think straight about all that has been occurring.  She suddenly found herself leaning against the walls of one of the buildings, a warm sensation..no it was liquid moving down her back..it was blood and she knew it. She closed her eyes, whispering under her breath to stay calm and relaxed. The thought of growing wings was...unbelievable and she was forcing the idea out of her head..it was impossible.  She was forcing herself to ignore the pain and hold back the transformation, she knew she couldn't have it happen now and here in Idris. The Clave would only question her and everything else abut where her loyalties lie. They would assume the worst as they always did.

She began to hyperventilate, she needed to gain control of herself and as quickly as possible. "By the angel, please..not now." She managed to say, her head was spinning which led to her sitting down on the ground. After a few minutes, she was able to slow down her breathing and was feeling much better. She took this time to stand up and quickly head off to go see the others...but more importantly to speak with Jace about this.

~

Walking into the room, she saw Isabelle, Alec and Clary by the window speaking and Jace laying down on the bed. All were talking about what had occurred during the meeting with the Clave which she missed when speaking to Emma and Bella for the rest of the time. She stayed in the doorway, leaning against the door frame listening to every word that they all said. "There's no way to cure the Endarkened.." Skylar said, causing the others to look at her. "Izzy is right, we need to find out how to defeat them not to cure them..."

"We know some of these people, are parents grew up with them. We can't simply drop the idea of curing them." Alec said quickly, he couldn't believe what he heard both of the girls said...he noticed his sister's expression had changed when he spoke. 

"We all can't get what we want, do you know what I want?  Our little brother back, you remember the little boy who was murdered by Sebastian." Isabelle said in a cold tone before she moved away from Alec and left. Alec sighed, shaking his head as Clary decided to leave as well to go speak to her mother about what was going on. The eldest Lightwood left after a minute or two wanting to make sure Isabelle was alright. 

"Jace, we might have another issue.." Skylar said quietly as she walked towards the bed, he looked over at her and watched her take a seat on the edge of the bed.

"Don't tell me you're pregnant, I don't think I can handle that." Jace mumbled under his breath, Skylar rolled her eyes and shook her head. That was the last thing that could happen to them at the moment,  she moved her hand to touch her back and showed him the bright red blood on her fingers. "Have your scars reopened?" He asked, sitting up quickly and looking at her hand. "We will talk about, let's get you back home..." He needed to get some fresh air and get out of here.

The two had left, and as they walked Skylar looked around, taking in the view that was now darker than it was before. But he had completely forgotten about what they were suppose to talk about but Skylar didn't say anything about it, she didn't think she should tell him and make him only worry. "Emma..was happy to see you, she seems to think you're famous." Skylar teased that caused him to actually chuckle, amused by what she had said.

"Yes, I am very well known around here not only for my looks but my skills-"

"And the fact that the Clave and many more believed that you were Valentine's son." Skylar said quickly, which made him scoff and shake his head. "What? It's true, everyone knows the story and sadly it's the way we may be known for...quite some time which sucks." She added as she looked down at her hands, Jace sighed and took her hand leading her into an alley way. He caged her, she was up against the stone wall. "Did I say something wrong?" She asked out of curiosity and raised an eyebrow. He shook his head and looked down at her.

"Skylnn, you do know that I love you right?" Jace asked, she nodded and smiled brightly up at him. She could feel the heat coming from him, she placed a hand on his chest and looked up at him. "B-But we can't..." He whispered, he was so close to her and she could feel his breath and as much as it hurt her...there was nothing she could do. He brushed his lips against hers gently before finally kissing her, he had been wanting to do this or a long time now and by the angel it was amazing. He wasn't able to touch her, so he only pressed his body against hers..letting the heat get to her. It was only getting more and more intense by the second, she had wrapped her arms around his neck, her hands running through his golden hair. He lost control when his hand moved and was on her stomach for a second before he pulled away from her completely. 

"Are you alright?" Skylar asked, she had a worry look in his eyes and he sighed before backing away from her and looking at the torched stone wall. "

"We should get going...." Jace whispered, Skylar nodded and the two had walked away speaking about how he believed that he was getting better but it was hard for him to control himself when being around her, or near her. She made him feel a certain way that made the fire in his soul burn when it wan't wanting or necessary.

Returning home, Skylar had said her goodbye to Jace and hurried inside. She headed to the bathroom where she went to the toilet and vomited. She had gotten the sudden urge out of nowhere , she sighed and mumbled a few curse before rinsing her mouth and standing in front of the mirror. She slowly raised up her shirt, seeing where..well Jace had burned her and hadn't noticed. "By the angel.." She whispered as she softly touched the burn and winced. She had lied to Jace over and over again when he asked if he had hurt her. She didn't want him to feel bad or anything, it wasn't his fault it was difficult for him to control something that she had given him. When she blinked she saw the burn was slowly healing out of nowhere. "I need help."

"Skylnn, what..was that?" Skylar turned around and her eyes widened when she saw her mother had been standing there and watching her. "What's going on?" She asked...looked like it was time to tell explain what was happening to her.