(City Of Ashes) Chapter Fourteen: The Ship

Jonathan had been watching Skylar for an hour, her movement and body language how she had kept staring at the wall hallucinating. She saw a story play out right in front of her, figures fighting, colors flashing. This drug was messing with her mind and vision, she gulped knowing how vulnerable she was at the moment. "He finds you attractive" Jonathan pointed out "No doubt, you're a beautiful girl. Is it your angelic beauty?"

"What are you talking about?" Skylar asked him, still staring at the wall.

"Is it your personality? Your bitchy ways?"

"Excuse me?" Skylar broke her stare from the wall and looked at him. "Do you not have a filter?"

"I speak the truth," He took a sup of wine and grinned. "Father's plan won't work, I know it won't. He doesn't see the world the way I do. Want some?"

"No thank you."

"Have some." He hissed

"I don't want any." Skylar groaned, she covered her face for a second. Her head began to ache even worse, Jonathan moved swiftly and was in front of her. He pinned her down and forced her to drink the wine. She began to gag, Skylar tried to push him off but it was useless. She was weak, vulnerable and in pain. 

"I did this to you because I care for you sis..." Jonathan whispered as the room began to fade in her eyes, "Try to stay strong..."

~

Skylar woke up screaming, she sat up and saw she was locked up. "Skylar?!" Simon shouted from his cell, she looked at him and gulped. He was relieved to see her, but he sensed the fear stirring inside her.

"W-Where are we?" She stuttered slightly, she swallowed the taste of metal that filled the room.

"Your father, he captured us for some ritual." Simon tried to explain, but he had no idea what was going on.

"How did I get here? I was walking and all of the sudden I-I am here?"

"I don't know.." Simon said, they stayed quiet hearing foot steps approached the cells. Skylar looked up and saw her father with two men beside him. Her eyes widened, he did capture her after all. 

"F-father." She managed to say, her heart was racing this was the worse thing that could ever happen to her and Simon.

"Since your betrayal, men teach my daughter a lesson." The cell opened making a creaking noise, Skylar crawled away and let out a scream when the men grabbed her arms and dragged her away. She cried for help, she called out for Simon and anyone to help her.

"Leave her alone!" Simon shouted, he had never seen a shadowhunter like this before, screaming for their life, weak and in tears. He had tried to reach for her through the cell bars and wanted to curse. He couldn't do anything he was just a vampire.

"Shut it." Valentine said, he turned around and walked towards Simon's cell. "Soon I'll need you." He pointed at Simon and smirked.

~

"I'm sorry." Simon apologized and pulled away from Jace after drinking his blood. 

"It's fine, where's Skylar?" Before Simon could answer, muffled screams was what they heard. "Is that-?"

"Her, yes and we need to hurry." Simon said "Or we could go after Clary." Jace needed to make a decision, Skylar or Clary? He knew the obvious answer, Skylar needed him more than ever. 

"We need to hurry, what ever they're doing to her must be vile." Jace pulled out his blade, Simon led him through the ship ready for anything. 

Jace kicked the door wide open, the circle members turned around and pulled out their weapon. Skylar was tied up, blood slowly moving down her back, fresh wounds gushing blood. As Jace fought with the two circle member. "I need something to cut her out." Simon said, Jace grabbed the blade in the circle members hand and threw it cutting the rope holding Skylar up. "Or you can do that." Simon caught her, he's temptation grew stronger when her blood was all over him. His fangs slowly revealed themselves, Simon shook his head and swallowed his own thirst down. Jace finished the last member and fixed his hair.  

"We need to get her out of here now."

"I-I can walk." Skylar said weakly, Simon put her down and let her stand on her own. Skylar covered her mouth forcing herself not to scream, she can feel the demon metal start to burn her. It was burying itself deep and deep into her skin.

"What's wrong?" Jace asked walking over to her, he cupped her face and saw nothing but pain in her eyes. She felt a quiver of pain, she put her hands on his chest softly and held back the scream with all her might.

"Catch me." She whispered weakly and closed her eyes. Skylar stumbled, Jace caught her and carried her bridal style. 

"Stay with me Skye." He whispered lightly and looked over at Simon "Blood sucker, we need to hurry." Simon nodded in agreement and led them out of there quickly.