ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sᴇᴠᴇɴ: ᴍᴀᴅᴀᴍᴇ ᴅᴏʀᴏᴛʜᴇᴀ

Dorothea slowly approached wanting to get a closer look at the cup, Jace and Alec stepped in front of her protectively. "No offense but our people are the only ones that touch the cup." Jace said with his hand near his blade, Dorothea looked shocked at such a thing.

"Let's not be hasty. Valentine would be displeased if anything were to happen to the Cup."

"Demon?" Skylar muttered for Seraphina to answer.

"Yes, Abbadon the Demon of the Abyss."

"Now I don't know what this is about but we're leaving." Jace said, Skylar grabbed the card and put the cup back in it. She then placed the card inside her jacket and reached for her sword slowly.

"Why did you put it back?" Dorothea asked, Skylar pushed Jace and Alec out of her way and held sword at the demons neck. "What do you think you're doing shadowhunter?"

"Tell me Abbadon, how exactly did you get here? Skylar asked, it hissed at her and backed away opening the Portal door. Before they knew it a black creature came after them, they all ducked. Jace cursed under his breath, this couldn't be happening now. The apartment was a disaster already, jewelry and papers scattered everywhere.

"I thought you said demonic activity was low?!" Alec shouted as he stood up, of course things were going to go wrong! It was the new thing for them now.

"It was." Jace growled and swore again. He helped Skylar up who looked around. "Are you okay?"

"Where did it go?" Skylar asked, a loud noise had scared them. They saw the creature slowly coming towards them, growling and hissing, ooze come out of it. Jace grabbed Alec who was in terrible shock away then grabbed Skylar's arm pulling her back.

"Give me the cup Skylnn." It hissed "And I will let you live."

"You need me." Skylar replied "Or else you will never get the cup." The creature moved closer to her and it's hot breath piercing her skin. "Go ahead." She whispered, when it moved to attack her someone had stepped in. Skylar eye's widened realizing it was Alec, Isabelle let out a scream calling his name. She caught Alec and laid him down on the floor, she couldn't believe he had done something stupid.

Jace watched his parabatai crumble, Jace was going to step in to stop it from hurting Skylar but Alec was able to read his brother quickly and did it instead. Isabelle ran over as Jace took on the demon alone, Skylar pulled out her stele and tried Marking him several times.  "Is it working?" Isabelle asked

"No it's not, shit!" Skylar said and inhaled sharply. Her heart was racing, no..no this couldn't be happening. He was trying to protect her, she should have done something..she should have reacted before he did.

"Jace!" He had run over as Clary thanked Simon for saving them. "We need to get him home."

"The Marks aren't working, he has demon venom in his system." Skylar had guilt written all over her face, why did he have to do that?

"How is he?" Jace asked Skylar who walked over with Alec's blood all over her before Skylar could say anything a tear rolled down her cheek.

"I almost got him killed." She whispered and looked at Jace, how can he love someone who almost killed his parabatai? Her hands began to tremble at such a thought, Alec and her were close. He was comfortable enough to tell her how he felt about Jace without feeling ashamed. Jace shook his head, he grabbed her chin softly forcing her to look him in the eye.

"You didn't he, he knew that I was going to jump between the demon and you. He did it before I could...I should have left you and Clary here." He said, Skylar blinked slowly and pulled away from him. Not wanting him to touch her, not after what she may have caused.

"He'll never forgive me."

"Alec loves us all, he did something each one of us would have done for you and one another. Wouldn't you jump to save Isabelle?"

"Always."

"Exactly, Skye we're warriors. We do anything that is necessary to succeed and that is what we did Skye even if we're overwhelmed with guilt. We may have just saved our people." Jace reminded her, in this life they lived..people sacrificed their lives all the time and it wasn't fair for such a thing to happen but people die...shadowhunters do what they are suppose to do.

"Clary tells me you have the cup?" Hodge asked walking out the infirmary with Clary by his side, she nodded slowly. "Follow me children." He led the three shadowhunters into the library and closed the door behind them. "May I see it?" Skylar was hesitated at first, it was Seraphina's emotions that had been affecting her choice at the moment. She pulled out the card and then pulled out The Mortal Cup slowly, it was a magnificent sight. "So beautiful. Do you know what you have done children?"

"I am not sure what you mean about that?" Jace said, Hodge sucked in air as he stared at Jace's facial features.

"You look so much like him."

"Like who?" Jace asked

"Your father." Hodge looked at Hugo. "Hugin." Was all he said, the bird dived straight for Skylar's fac