ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇɪɢʜᴛ: ᴠᴀʟᴇɴᴛɪɴᴇ ᴍᴏʀɢᴇɴsᴛᴇʀɴ

Clary pushed her sister out of the way saving them both from the vicious bird, the cup fell out of Skylar's hand. When the sisters looked up Hodge stood there holding the Mortal Cup in his hands. "You bastard," Skylar said, she saw Jace on the floor unconscious. "Jace!?" She stood up slowly, Hodge shook his head.

"Stay there." Skylar froze "He's not hurt,"

"All this time you worked for Valentine," Clary said dryly.

"I am one of his men." The girls heard a door open and footsteps approaching, Skylar turned around and her eyes widened.

"Father." She whispered in disbelief, her heart began to race, her palms were sweaty this was the effect this cruel man had on his own child. Valentine looked at her and walked over to Hodge, he grabbed the Mortal Cup and glanced down at Jace.

"Did you hurt him?"

"No, he's simply unconscious."

"Good."

"You promised you wouldn't hurt them."

"I did not say such a thing."

"The children had nothing to do with this," Hodge said

"I had no idea how fond you were of children." Skylar stood there frozen, she couldn't face this man not yet and not now.  They were invisible, Valentine didn't seem to see them.

"Is my curse lifted?" Hodge asked, Valentine, nodded and picked up Jace.

"It is done, enjoy your freedom." When Skylar blinked, Valentine, Jace, and The Mortal Cup were gone. Skylar fell onto her knees and sucked in some air.

"Hodge what did you do?" Skylar whispered in disbelief, Hodge sighed and cleared his throat.

"I did what was necessary." He replied Skylar was filled with sudden rage. He sold these children out, Jace was gone, Valentine was alive and now the Cup was gone as well, Jocelyn was still missing and Alec was hurt. Could things get any worse? Skylar pushed Hodge to the floor and pulled out her sword.

"Where are they?" She asked Clary, gasped and gulped.

"Skye, don't hurt him!" Hodge looked at the redhead and looked at Skylar, he didn't want to hurt the children.

"She won't do it, I am your only chance," Hodge said, Skylar, put her sword away and sighed.

"I can't kill you, you're right." Skylar turned around on her heels and glanced back at him. "But if Jace is hurt, if anyone is hurt I will come after you." She said in such a dark tone, Clary tilted her head now realizing how well deadly and dark-suited Skylar well.

~

Skylar and Clary ran into a room shouting Jace's name repeatedly, everything was chaotic at the moment. They had found Luke who told them the story of their father and mother, the shocking news was about their brother who was Skylar's twin. She had a twin and barely remembered him it was heartbreaking for her not being able to remember someone who was supposed to be her older twin brother. "Jace?" Skylar said seeing him standing there.

"Skylar? What are you doing here?" Skylar hugged him tightly, he held her tightly as well.

"I came for you," Skylar said