(City Of Lost Souls) Chapter Thirty-Nine: Glorious

It was chaos, absolute chaos now...

"Jace, let me go!" Skylar shouted, she didn't want to hurt him but she needed to get to the others as soon as possible. "I need to get to them...." She whispered to herself as she struggled to get out of Jace's grip.

"Shut up, Skylnn." Sebastian hissed at her, he was getting annoyed and frustrated by all this chaos. Jace didn't do anything but hold her as tight as he could without injuring or hurting her.

"Are we just going to stand back here and let them protect us?" Jace asked as he watched the others fight for them. He didn't like the way Sebastian had the others fighting for them instead of them fighting for themselves.

"We are too important to risk getting hurt, you and I." Sebastian said and shook his head. "Now, Skylnn it is your turn to take a sip." He took a step forward, holding the cup in his hand as Jace hesitate but placed a hand on Skye's chin, holding it. She could taste the blood from the cup that she immediately rejected. She coughed it up on Sebastian's face and then jerked her head back hitting Jace's.

He let her go and groaned in pain, Skye didn't even miss the opportunity to leave as soon as possible. She kept running and running into the battle, she didn't look back and couldn't look back at them at all.

~

When Skye managed to get the sword, she felt odd holding it and sensed there was something different and powerful about it. It reminded her of her sword that she didn't have it with her. It was bright in her hands, it looked amazing.

Her eyes scanned over the crowd as she looked around for he brother. Deep deep down inside it pained her that things had turned out this way but he did this to himself. He killed Max, he decided to do all of this and..well it seemed as it it was to late to save him. "Where are you?" Skye asked herself as she kept scanning the crowd, her light blue eyes had darken a bit as she began to get impatient.

She began to walk through the crowd, pushing her way through it..holding the sword tightly. But now she was suddenly trapped by Jace, who stood in front of her. His face covered in blood, she didn't mean to hurt him but she needed to save herself. "Jace, move." Skylar said as she kept her eyes on him.

"Give me the sword, Skye." Jace said as he stepped forward, Skye quickly stepped back and held the sword tighter than ever not letting her guard down.

"No, I can separate you from my monster of my brother. It's easy and fast, just let me do it please." Skye said, with a pleading look in her eyes as she stared at him. She scanned his face as the sword's light reflected off of Jace's same colored eyes.

"You are going to kill him and I can't let that happen." Jace said, his tone had suddenly changed as he stood up straight and his chin up. He was making himself look intimidating and Skylar caught that quickly. "Give it to me."

"You want it?" Skylar asked as she held out the sword separating her and Jace, keeping the distance between them. "Fine." She inhaled deeply as she swiftly held the sword up and stabbed it into him. She didn't want to do this but she had to do this, she needed her Jace back as did everyone else. She held the sword against his body, and closed her eyes for a second hoping this would work.

She could hear a scream of terror, pain and rage from the distance. She had a feeling that it was Sebastian..the bond snapping and breaking. She was surprised that he didn't even make a sound...but out of nowhere he began to burn...and was on fire.

Skylar suddenly felt a burning sensation shoot through her arm, she backed away and fell onto the ground as she held her arm that was heating up. She looked over at Jace as the sword lit up and he fell onto his knees. The sword had suddenly gone up into bright sparks. Her eyes widned as he fell onto the ground, she tried to move but stopped when she felt the sensation suddenly get worse.

She forced herself to crawl over and let out a shaky sigh as she placed a hand on his cheek. Why wasn't he waking up? What was going on? Had she done something wrong? She inhaled deeply and began to panic a bit, she couldn't lose him here and now. She suddenly felt someone's head on her shoulder. "Skylnn, let him go. He's dead." Jocelyn said softly and as calm as possible.

"Jace, please...wake up.." Skylar said in a whisper as she placed her forehead against his, a tear rolling down her cheek that dripped onto his cheek. "You can't leave me here, all alone. I wouldn't be able to handle this heartbreak.."

"Skylar, let's go." Jocelyn said a bit louder and more serious as she grabbed her daughter's arm. Isabelle walked over and shook her head, it pained her to see Jace like this after all he was a brother to her and would always be one. She couldn't believe that she had lost two brothers all because of Sebastian.

"Leave her alone." Isabelle said in an emotionless tone to Jocelyn. "Leave her be." She added as she felt her parabatai's pain. Jocelyn looked over at her before letting go of her daughter's arm slowly and watched.

"Jace Lightwood, you cannot leave me.." Skylar stated as she pulled away slowly, her eyes widned a bit when she noticed there was a slight movement. She immediately laid her head on his chest and closed her eyes, she listened to his faint heartbeat that returned. "By the angel...it is a miracle..." She whispered to herself and wiped her tear away quickly, feeling relieved.