ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ sɪx: ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴜᴘ

"Here." Jace handed Magnus the ring, he opened his palms and saw the gold ring with the letter S engraved on it. Magnus stared at the ring examining it and making sure that this was indeed the ring he thought it was. For a second, he smiled as memories filled his mind of the once little blonde before he looked at the group in front of him.

"Skylnn, you're her friends?" Magnus asked and looked at the group of teens standing before him. Hmm. They didn't seem like her type, yet she probably didn't have much choice but to befriend these fools. "Why didn't she come herself?" He remained in a more serious mood, the way he stood and the way he stared at them with his cat eyes.

"An injury, it's infected." Clary said and stepped forward. "I am here to speak with you about my memories."

"Jocelyn's daughter Clarissa, it has been quite awhile." She was due for an appointment but never showed up, yes he was confused and wondered what happened but didn't care too much about it.

"I need you to remove the spell in my mind." Magnus shook his head and sighed. He glanced at Alec and smirked. Alec looked at Isabelle who shrugged, this was perfect for him.

"Follow me." He led them upstairs into his apartment away from the party. He didn't want the downworlders there to see the shadowhunters who would possibly ruin his glamorous party.

"Undoing a spell is a great deal more difficult than creating it in the first place. The intricacy of this one, the care I put into weaving it-if I made even the smallest mistake in unraveling it, her mind could be damaged forever. Besides," he added, "it's already begun to fade. The effects will vanish over time on their own."

"Will I ever get them back?"

"Over time you will, maybe all at once or in stages."

"Great, I don't have time to wait."

"Don't be impatient there are some ways to help you."

~

Skylar was in her room, she had finally woke up after drinking that weird drink that Hodge gave her. She sat up, before she placed her hand over her wound feeling that it was finally healing properly like it was meant to do. "Finally.." She whispered under her breath, she felt this odd silence that suddenly took over..she didn't sense the angel that spoke to her and she wondered if something was wrong. "Seraphina?" She whispered softly, calling out for the angel that would look after her whenever she was out or speak to her when she was alone.

"Who's that?" Jace asked, leaning against the door frame with his arms crossed.

"No one. Hey, how did it go?" Skylar said as she slipped out of bed and walked over to him. He looked away from her before his gaze finally met hers. "What?"

"You know, you never speak about your past with Magnus. And when we saw him, he seems to know you ten times better than anyone else. He has photos of you in his place, painting, sketches that you won't even show us. He knows things that you won't share with us. So I wonder do you not trust us enough to share such things? Or are we not all worthy of Skylnn's past?" He asked, he wouldn't admit that he was hurt by the lack of knowing a lot about her. He always assumed that Alec, Izzy and him would know her the best but they were wrong.

"My past is my past. The life I lived with Magnus is just that, and yes he knows me better and that's because he saw me at my worse and he made me the best version of myself. Just as you wish not to speak about your past as much, I feel as if no one needs to know about that dark time. It's the way I plan to keep it, Jace. No matter what. So drop it." She said honestly, Jace nodded slowly before he pushed himself off the door frame.

"Follow me." He said, not bothering to offer a hand or anything and led her away straight into the greenhouse. One they were there, he spoke up. "Trust me or not. Eventually your past will come to haunt you. I don't like the fact that you won't speak to me about it. I don't like the fact that another man knows more about you than me. It bothers me, and I can't explain why it does.."

"I'm sorry." Was all Skylar could say, she stepped closer to him taking his hand and inhaled deeply. "Also are you really worried about Magnus? Are you okay? The warlock is the only man I consider a father not anything romantic but honestly I am quite shocked that it bothers you."

"Like it bothers you when Kaelie flirts with me?" Jace said, needing to change this subject as quickly as he could but it didn't seem to work. She just stared a him with a 'seriously look' before she could even speak, Jace had done something quite surprising. He had kissed her, a kiss that the two had been avoiding.

Skylar and Clary were the first two to enter the building prepared for everything and anything. They needed to get the Cup before it was too late. Clary knocked at her sisters door and told her what she had figured out. "Who would have thought I would be standing beside my big sister." Clary said and glanced at Skylar who looked like she was glowing.

"Low demonic activity." Jace said looking at the sensor, Isabelle smirked. She couldn't wait but to kill these demons but with what they saw..there wouldn't be a demon.

"I am ready to kick demon ass." said Isabelle, Skylar giggled at her parabatai's confidence.

"I know you are." She said, they all walked inside. Clary knocked on Dorothea's door and waited for the witch to answer it. Dorothea opened the door, her eyes widened at the sight of the two girls.

"Clary!" she exclaimed "Good Lord, girl," said the witch "The last time I saw you, you were disappearing through my Portal. Where'd you end up?"

"Williamsburg," Clary said and frowned.

"Well come in." Dorothea stepped aside and them inside. Skylar looked around, she didn't get a good look at the place last time they were here.  "Any luck on finding Jocelyn?"

"Nope, seems like my father has taken her." Skylar said, she picked up one of the unlit candles and looked at it.

"Love gone wrong. The worst." Jace snorted

"What do you know about love?" Jace asked

"More than you might think," she said. "Didn't I read your tea leaves, Shadowhunter? Have you fallen in love with the wrong person yet?" Jace glanced at Skylar, her expression changed for curious to hurt. It stung to hear Dorothea say such a thing but what if it was the true? She couldn't help but believe what the witch said.

"No idea."

"Interesting," Dorothea replied, glancing at the two with a curious glint in her dark eyes before she paid attention to the redhead who needed some attention.

"We found the cup." Clary said capturing her attention, Dorothea looked back at her.

"Good, where is it?"

"Here." Jace responded,

"I do not have the cup." Skylar picked up the Tarot cards and looked through them, she pulled out the Ace Of Cups card and held it. Skylar pulled her stele from her back pocket and traced the rune Clary had showed her onto her wrist. Isabelle watched her parabatai put her hand through the card and pull out the Mortal Cup.

Skylar's necklace began to glow and let out a soothing pulse that alarmed everyone, they all stared at her. "It's my father's cup." Seraphina said, it sounded as if she was crying. Years stuck in a necklace unable to see her father, Raziel must have been heartbroken he had already lost one daughter now another.

"It is." Skylar whispered and stared at the cup completely mesmerized by it's beauty. Her necklace stopped glowing and pulsing, Skylar understood why Seraphina had left so quickly. Crying was a weakness, a sign that you're unable to control your emotions. She tightened her grip on the cup knowing this could change all the shadowhunter's future.