Chapter Twenty

Never in his life had Jason felt this good.

He couldn't describe it but he felt... well, amazing. He was finally trying the committed thing and he felt great! He checked his watch for the umpteenth time and rolled his eyes frustratedly. "ALEX!" he'd been waiting a full 20 minutes for her to finish getting ready and she wasn't even done. He picked an piece of lint of the sleeve of his charcoal fitted blazer and sighed. What was taking her so long? "Flatty, we are gonna end up-." he paused when he saw her at the top of the stairs, his words lost on his tongue. This was definitely one of those cliche film moments where the entire world would stop just because the beautiful woman was descending the stairs. His jaw went slack and and he had to fight the urge to tell her to cancel their date so that they could spend the next few hours in his bed instead. Damn.

Alex hadn't meant to take so long but she'd sent most of her time upstairs sitting on the edge of the bed, clutching her phone in her hands and wondering how to reply. Her phone had vibrated with the alert of a new message and her face had fallen as soon as she saw that it was from Jonathan. She hadn't heard from him since his admission and she'd preferred it that way. The text read: 'I've ended it with Alexis, we need to talk when u get back xxx'

And she'd sat there for 10 minutes straight pondering what to type back. She really didn't want to lead him on. She knew how she felt about him and that was... well not the same as he felt. Any other woman would be happy and laughing because this was sweet revenge but Alex found it sad. She hated how he only realised how special she was now that she was with someone else. Deciding that it would be better to simply deal with this mess later, she threw her phone in the bottom of her bag and left, ready to go find her man. Her man. It sounded so weird to link that word with Jason but at the same time she loved belonging to him. Even if he didn't love her back, she would enjoy having him as hers for the time being.

"Close your mouth, you might catch flies." she quipped as she strode past him in confidence, her scent worsening his current state. He stared at her in the cutout silver flowing chiffon dress and finally smiled. "Do I look okay?"

He approached her with a knowing look and pulled her towards himself. "You look stunning, baby." She leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. "But I'm sure you knew that already."

"So what's the plan on this divine evening, Mr Arden?" He eyed her before tilting his head back and laughing heartily. She couldn't help but laugh along with him as he opened her car door and allowed her in.

"First, we eat and then if you're not full, I give you a tour." he said once he'd started the car.

"Aren't we going to discuss the budget? Which reminds me, I still need to see your concept statement to help-." He waved her off as they drove.

"Not tonight. Tonight is just about you and I. Tomorrow; we go to Aunt Nessa's, Friday I don't plan on letting you out of my bed," her cheeks warmed at the thought, "Sunday we're leaving so I guess on Saturday I can take you for a proper tour and we can talk about that then."

"You've really planned this evening out haven't you?"

He shrugged. She leaned forward and turned on the stereo, leaning back when she was happy with the song selection.

'Heard about my past, things I used to do, the games I used to play, the girls that didn't last...'

Jason shot her a quick look and found her smirking at him. They both knew what the other was thinking. She tore her eyes away from him and began to take in the beautiful view of all that the amazing country had to offer. The people laughing and talking with each other without a care in the world, the music that seemed to be everywhere they went and the constant heavenly aromas. She couldn't believe that she'd never been to Barbados.