Information to Know & Excerpt

Hi all,

This is another experiment of mine, the previous being The Mating Season and well, I'm attempting to write an action/fantasy novel with romance sprinkled in (a huge dosage of it, in fact). I will always be a sucker for romance and nothing could change that.

This book will contain soulmates but in a different way. It's a trope from Tumblr where the mark of soulmates will be the first words said to each other and it can be found anywhere on the body. However, in this case, it is not necessary for soulmates to end up together. They can be good friends or enemies, whatever. It's just the universe's way to show that the pair is best suited but ultimately, they have a choice.

I would also like to inform you that this book will make you think. I've always wanted to write something that will make you think twice and where the scenario will not always be good vs bad. Because you know, #funfactaboutsheryl. I've always been fascinated by the 'bad' side. Like in Batman, The Joker. In Harry Potter, I'll be a Death Eater (Tom Riddle will be my King and Bellatrix Lestrange will be my bestie <3).

Anyway, this is NOT a werewolf book.

It will contain violence, vulgarities, manipulation, crazy and horrid schemes but nothing too extreme. It will also contain romance and some mature scenes but nothing too much (the rest would be in the private book) and hopefully nothing too cliche because I am quite sick of writing those in my main series. Bleah. Anyway, the concept of the book is: Like the grey area between black and white. The book has a dark theme to it.

That being said, I would also like to say that if you don't like how the book is written and you're trying to argue about my morals and what the hell is wrong with me, please leave. This is my book and I'm writing it the way I want and it is certainly not to please you. However, I do want to hear your thoughts about the book as it progresses just not stupid hater comments because that's getting old.

So, I hope that you lovelies will enjoy this because I'm quite terrified about posting this because there are some readers who will get offended and godknowswhat and will start cursing at me? Also, let me know what are your thoughts on this upcoming book? Let me know. But seriously, no rude comments, if you don't like it, leave.

Also, this book contains smut in Chapter 24 in the later parts.

Love,

Sheryl

P.S. Additionally, the relationship between my main characters, Rhydderch and Adrastea are inspired by the Tomione ship. If you guys know and ship that, you can be my best friend! ;)

* * *

∞ | Excerpt | ∞

"You can heal him can't you?"

She tensed and her eyes lifted up and were met with a pair of smouldering blue eyes who was watching her intently. Goosebumps appeared on her arms and she quickly turned her attention back to the medical instruments and the antidote in front of her.

"Yes," she said casually. She was trying to ignore him and pretend he wasn't there staring at her until she could give herself a few minutes to figure out what to do.

Of all places and of all people, Adrastea had never imagined that her soul mate would be the leader of the rebellion. Neither had she thought that he would have such pretty blue eyes.

It was such a shame, she mused before turning away so that her back faced him.

She couldn't concentrate with him staring at her like that. Like she was an enigma he wanted to solve.

This soul mate thing was such a stupid concept. She couldn't be bothered with the idea while growing up. However now that her soul mate was just behind her, Adrastea was at a lost on what to do and how to react.

"How? Valia told me that you managed to develop the cure."

Valia was clearly the blonde who had brought her here and whose brother she was saving.

She turned around to see him assessing her quietly, those blue eyes of his were locked onto her and she hoped that her face was expressionless. She certainly didn't want to give him any clue on what she was thinking.

Adrastea barely spared him a few glances before she reached for the needle to inject the cure into the man's body.

She refused to give him an answer. She had other things to worry about. Mainly the man fighting for his life in front of her.

"Ignore me now if you must. But we will have a talk later on," he drawled lazily, his voice deep but there was a hint of warning in it, contradicting the leisurely steps he was taking towards her.

"I don't believe we have anything to discuss," she replied coolly and took the small knife from her left and made a little incision on the man's arm and inserted the needle into his vein.

It was only when she looked up that she realised he was just opposite her. The patient on the table was the only thing separating the both of them. She barely managed to stop herself from jumping in shock.

How on earth had he managed to move so silently?

"Now that's where you're wrong. I believe my words are on your skin and yours on mine." Rhydderch looked up at her and as his face was tilted downwards, it gave him an intimidating appearance.

Adrastea couldn't decide if she should ignore him or if she should get one of her sedatives to knock him out so she could escape.

She didn't have time to deal with this sudden curveball in her life.

"So yes, we do have things to discuss," he said in a light conversational tone as he studied her. "Don't bother trying to escape, my men will track you down."

Adrastea pursed her lips. She was screwed.