Chapter 1 - Plans

All Right Reserved

∞ | Chapter 1 - Plans | ∞

Medic's Center, Vonsworth

Adrastea grimaced as she gently tugged the shards of glass out of the man's arm and more blood welled up from the wound.

"Y'know, you're a lot better than the other medic just south from here." The man commented, his dark eyes watching her, the Valiant band on his right arm was pushed up due to the wound.

Adrastea always thought that the band showing the civilians that whoever the wearer was, was a Valiant was tacky as hell. It was a garish bright red with gold stitching of the city's emblems.

She eyed him and his partner carefully, not wanting her back to be facing them. You could never trust Affluents or anyone influential in Vonsworth and that included the Valiant.

"You're a lot prettier too," the man leered and Adrastea forced back a disgusted expression and averted her eyes. "Make sure you let the wound heal before engaging in anything dangerous," she instructed and began sewing up the torn flesh.

Adrastea could have been kinder and given him some form of anaesthetic but she had seen him bullying a few Medials and abusing some Destitutes a few days ago in town. Hence, he would - and should - be feeling the pain of the needle piercing his flesh over and over again.

"Bitch, isn't there some form of pain reliever?" The man snarled and his partner ignored his comrade as he studied the office they were in.

"No," she lied. "I've used it all just before you came in."

The man growled and slammed his uninjured arm onto the table. "Well make it quick!"

Briefly, Adrastea wondered what the two men would do to her if they realised she had an abundance of pain relievers just on the shelf behind her. They certainly wouldn't recognise the glass jars it was in.

"I'll try my best. But it is important you do not move or else the wound will get infected," she said calmly and placed the needle through a flame.

"Fuck."

She thought she could hear the man curse under his breath.

Coward, she hissed inwardly and bit back a wicked smile as she began to prep for the closing of the wound.

Later, after much cursing and threats, it was done and the man was slowly putting on his armour back on. She wished that they could hurry and leave. She didn't like to be around Affluents or Valiants for too long. One never knew what could happen.

"Won't you give me a kiss?" The man leered lustfully and used his uninjured hand to pull her closer to him.

"Sir, let go of me," she hissed and began struggling.

"Why would I do that darling? I should be giving you something in return. So how about a kiss?" His arms were snaked around her waist and she was struggling with all her might to get away from him but to no avail. She simply wasn't strong enough.

Her eyes darted around the room. The other Valiant was watching the spectacle with a bored expression on his face. Desperate, Adrastea reached for the surgical knife not far from her reach and slashed it across the man's face.

Immediately, his hands cradled the wound on his cheek and his eyes flashed furiously towards her. "You'll pay for that!"

Adrastea kept silent but tightened her grip on the knife as her eyes darted towards the two Valiant in her office. "Leave. Or I'll do worse than slicing your face," she said quietly.