Chapter 20 - Izla

All Rights Reserved

∞ | Chapter 20 - Izla | ∞

Citadel Himmel, Sage Cliffs

"Izla wa-is my sister."

She blinked and her mouth worked, trying to form an answer to that revelation. "Your sister? You had a sister?"

"Yes." His voice was distant and eerily quiet.

"You've never mentioned her," she remarked, wondering what the hell was going on. She felt a little hurt at the fact that he chose not to disclose this fact to her.

She had shared everything with him, well, not everything but almost everything. It counted, didn't it? But at this point, she was starting to realise she didn't know a thing about Rhydderch's past.

And it bothered her.

Did she really know her soulmate?

Yes, a voice argued in her mind. You know that he is delightfully clever, brilliant at strategies, he amazes you with how his mind works. You know how to read him like a book, you know his habits, his quirks and his temperamental moods and you accept it all.

Adrastea sighed, maybe it bothered her more on the fact that Rhydderch hadn't confided his past to her, not on the fact that she didn't know him. She did know him and cared desperately for him.

And she always thought that a person's past doesn't define who the person is. Satisfied with that thought, she focused back on Rhydderch who was still oddly silent.

"She was dead when I was fifteen. And I thought she was dead until today." He finally said, his eyes focused on the exact spot where Izla had been bound earlier.

"Isn't that good?" She forced a smile. "You've been given a chance to be reunited with her."

"Is it really?" Rhydderch's voice took on a strange quality and she frowned. "Why is it not?"

"Adrastea, I've not been exactly honest with you," he began and she could feel her heart begin to pound from his words. "I've made...deals. Deals that would have negative impacts on everyone should they find out."

She blinked and waited for him to continue and when he didn't, she frowned in impatience. "Rhydderch, I know you're not exactly a saint, you enjoy giving out punishments and holding trials, it doesn't entirely surprise me. Who did you make them with?" She asked warily, afraid of his answer.

He looked up at her, the fading moonlight causing his eyes to appear even lighter than their crystalline blue made him seem almost unnatural.

"The Devil."

"What?" she furrowed her brows deeper, not knowing if she should take him seriously.

"Not literally," he replied dryly, rolling his eyes. "But the person is widely considered to be a reincarnation of him," he said quietly, looking at his hands.

"Who?" she pressed.

"I can't say."

She exhaled heavily and faced him, eyes trying to understand. "Fine, then what deals did you make?"

"I can't say that as well," he repeated before rubbing his face tiredly with his hand. "But it didn't involve Izla. I thought she was dead!" He roared abruptly and she barely flinched, used to his ever-changing moods.

"Rhydderch, please explain to me because I'm trying to understand how does Izla fit into all of this?" she pleaded, wanting to help and figure out this whole mess that her soulmate got involved in.