Chapter 11 - Meeting

All Right Reserved

∞ | Chapter 11 - Meeting | ∞

Castle Inanis, Vallisrem

"A truce?"

Former Regnant Mabuz Ryker flinched from the violent expression on his counterpart's face.

"She's offering the rebellion a truce?" Medeia repeated, her blue eyes cold as ice. Her Chief Astute nodded. "I'm afraid so Regnant, my sources in the Sage Cliffs have informed me that the rebellion is right at their doorsteps and that a messenger had been sent yesterday."

Medeia stared at him unflinchingly before a deep laugh burst from her painted lips. "That's the best news I've heard all day Gravrs. Thank you. Do keep me updated on the situation."

Her Chief Astute nodded and bowed his head and turned on his feet, leaving the two Regnants in the room alone.

"Medeia, how is Circe offering to work with the rebellion a good thing? I think it's the opposite isn't it?"

She stared at him, lips curling at the blatant stupidity of the man standing in front of her. He wouldn't understand. The only thing Mabuz Ryker cared about was money, prestige and how to save his own skin. He wasn't the scheming sort.

According to her, there were two types of people in the world. One that goes along with everything and the other who schemes to get their way. She was the latter while Mabul Ryker, the former.

"We'll call her out for treason. I'm sure you know the fates of those who do so," she spoke calmly, a hint of impatience in her tone.

The other Regnant merely blinked, mind slowly digesting what she had meant. "B-but she's a Regnant as well. Does it even apply to her as well?"

She strongly resisted the urge to roll her eyes. After all, she had to play nice seeing that she needed the man for his money. Once Mabuz Ryker was of no use to her, she would get him chained to the fences and let the crows eat him alive.

"I believe it does," she smiled before gesturing to the door warmly. "Dinner is ready, do eat your fill especially after that horrid business with the rebellion."

He took in her saccharinely sweet smile, lulled by the sense of security she was giving no matter how false it was. "Yes yes, you're right of course. Thank you so much once more Medeia."

The smile on her face vanished and was replaced with a sneer as soon Mabuz Ryker left the room. She glided back to her desk in her study before her treasured collection on her shelves caught her sight. Tilting her head, she reached out and caressed the smooth top of the skull and smiled. Skulls occupied the whole shelf. Skulls that belonged to her enemies. Skulls that also consisted of her father and brother.

She hadn't been proud of killing them - her father and brother. But they deserved it. She was the oldest damn it! She was to rule, but because of her father favouring her younger brother, she was set aside like a filthy useless Destitute! Medeia's hands clenched but taking in the skulls of her family, she relaxed.

She had won, hadn't she?

Those who crossed her personally would meet the same fate. Bodies would be left for the crows, their skulls placed on her shelves.

Yes, Circe Moreau would certainly meet that fate.

It didn't matter that she had proposed for a truce with the rebellion. Rebellion or not, Circe wouldn't win. With Vlad and Mabuz under her thumb, Draven captured by the rebellion, Circe didn't stand a chance.