Chapter 4 - Decisions

All Rights Reserved

∞ | Chapter 4 - Decisions | ∞

Rebellion Lands

Soulmates.

Rhydderch had always thought that he would never see his soul mate again after meeting her for the first time. Seeing that he didn't really want her around.

But here she was, standing just right in front of him. She wasn't what he imagined his soul mate to be. Adrastea Bones certainly wasn't whiny or dependent on anyone.

She also wasn't an Affluent.

Rhydderch didn't know what to think. He was conflicted. He didn't have feelings for her, but he was highly intrigued. Rhydderch was never intrigued by anyone.People bored him. And they annoyed him. They were always predictable in their actions and thoughts.

It was also unexpected that she wasn't too fond of meeting him and Rhydderch was fine with that.

It made things a lot easier.

She wasn't unattractive, no. But she was not the prettiest woman he had seen and definitely not the ugliest. Her face was oval in shape and she had a light complexion, her hair was dark brown and done up in some form of complex looking braids. Her mouth was full and he could guess that the nicest feature she had were her eyes. They were grey in colour.

However, there was something off about her. Yes, Rhydderch thought she was brilliant. Brilliant enough to develop a cure for the deadliest poison around. But there was still the mystery of the missing people in Vonsworth.

Not that he cared about their lives or wellbeing. He hated unsolved puzzles and this was one of them.

It was too much of a coincidence. Rhydderch narrowed his eyes and pressed his lips together. She was hiding something and he was determined to get to the bottom of it.

To him, Adrastea Bones was an asset. A highly prized asset with her skills of being a healer and developing a cure but his gut instincts told him to be careful. And he understood them perfectly and was going to heed them. Rhydderch wasn't going to let someone he knew for about a day to have total knowledge about his operations even though she was his soul mate.

People couldn't be trusted. No matter how loyal they claim to be. That included family members. Blood was just blood and people were just people. That was all to it.

Looking at her, he could see there were hidden depths to her. She was hardened by the cruelty of life even though she held the somewhat esteemed job title of being a medic. Deep down, Rhydderch knew that the disappearance of the people in Vonsworth and the development of her cure were directly connected.

Research.

He scoffed. Research indeed. He tilted his head to see Darius sneering at the reunion of the two remaining members of the Bones family.

Darius never liked Edmond. But then again, Darius didn't like a lot of people except for Ava. Perhaps, that may be the reason why he resented Edmond seeing that he was Ava's soul mate.

The lack of any relationship between Edmond and Ava had no effect on both parties. It was proof to Rhydderch that you could still carry on without your soul mate and he took some comfort from that.

He didn't want anyone messing up his plans and something told him that she would.

However, Rhydderch couldn't help but admit - and admire - that the colour of her hair reminded him of chocolate.