Chapter 7 - Pulse

All Right Reserved

∞ | Chapter 7 - Pulse | ∞

Rebellion Lands

She was categorising her medicines and medical instruments to take them along with her to Vonsworth when a low groan sounded out. Looking up, Vyctor was moving about in his bed and she rushed towards him.

Unfortunately, he hadn't recovered as quickly as she had predicted due to the high levels of the poison in his system much to Valia's dismay. However, she knew he was slowly getting better

Without fail, Valia had been visiting him daily along with the young girl Adrastea had met on her first day here. She could tell that Valia saw Lya as a younger sister and from the conversation between them, Vyctor had also doted heavily on her.

Vyctor opened his eyes and groaned from the brightness of the tent before shaking his head. Ignoring his movements, she quickly checked on his vitals, mindful of the other patients in the tent that were recovering from various ailments.

Pleased that everything seemed to be fine, she headed out of the tent and as usual, she spotted Jarek standing inconspicuously in the shadows. Honestly, both he and Rhydderch could try to not be that obvious about.

"Get Valia, Vyctor is awake and he's fine," she spoke softly and Jarek's eyes widened before jerking his head and rushing off. Heading back into the tent, Adrastea quickly filled a glass of water from the pitcher she had on her table before offering it to Vyctor who was now staring at her in confusion.

"Drink. Your throat will be dry," she instructed before taking down notes from his behaviour. Every time her antidote was used, Adrastea always made sure to observe the patients to see if they were responding fine.

She never had a patient who was unconscious for more than a week after administering the antidote. Hence, it was important to see if Vyctor would be alright. Then again, the poison had been in his system for more than two weeks and thus, would be able to cause more damage.

"Where's Valia? What happened?" Vyctor croaked out after taking a long sip from the glass.

"She's on the way. You got shot and then poisoned by Bloodberries," she replied while taking note that Vyctor seemed to be fine physiologically and mentally lucid.

He blinked up at her confusion, "How am I alive? The poison is supposed to be fatal."

She pursed her lips, unsure if she could - or would - tell him but thankfully, Valia burst into the tent, her blonde hair was in a disarray and her green eyes were wild as she took in the sight of her brother. "Vyctor!" She breathed out and quickly hugged him tight.

Adrastea stepped back from the reunion and watched with twins with a small smile on her face. It reminded her of her relationship with her brother whom she hadn't talked to since his attempt at causing a coup of sorts.

Edmond was still undeniably upset at her and well, she wasn't going to apologise seeing that she hadn't done anything wrong. Each time she tried to approach him, he would shoot her a glare and stalk off angrily. Clearly, he was still not over being embarrassed and a little humiliated from the dressing down Rhydderch had given in public on that day.

It wasn't till a particular scent - something woodsy and deliciously musky - made her realise that Rhydderch was behind her.

Immediately, she tensed up. She was definitely not over what ever happen back in her medical centre just a few days ago. What the hell was that?