[7]

The seasons easily drifted from warm to cool. Summer was fading as fall was pouring in. The holidays were around the corner, and soon school would be out for winter break.

[Kimmie]

[Kimmie]

The wind blew around our table. It was getting cold outside. We were gonna have to stop eating outdoors soon. I watched Shae spoon some cereal into her mouth while doing homework. Shae was always eating on something weird at odd times off the day.

There was a time when she ate an entire apple pie by herself, and to make sense of it she told Kimmie that she really just wanted some apple pie.

Cole sat across from Kimmie talking to Brittany.

They had been hanging together a lot lately. Due to Brittany honestly. Every where Cole was Brittany seemed to be. It was almost as if she was realizing that he was actually trying to just be friends with her, and nothing more. It was annoying.

Kimmie couldn't get a moment with Cole without Brittany figuring out where they were.

If Shae still had a thing for Cole. She never mentioned it again after Alex's party. It kinda seemed like she did, but Kimmie wasn't really sure. She didn't know how Cole felt about Shae. He never brought it up, and she'd never asked.

"It's cold as fuck." Shae shivered zipping her jacket up; pushing her hands in her pocket. Kimmie agreed pulling her hood up over her head. "Let's go sit inside." Cole suggested grabbing his things off the table top.

Brittany followed suit without word.

Shae gave Kimmie an irritated look. Despite Brittany always being around most of the time, her and Shae did not get along at all. They simply just did not mesh well at all.

Shae pulled her wallet free from her shoulder bag once they found a table inside. Taking out a $5.00 bill she proceeded to stand up. "More cereal Shae?"

"Girl, yes. Them frosted flakes were life. I'll be back. Hold it down for me." Shae walked off.

Hold it down? Hold what down? Kimmie thought. Shae was always making up some crazy ass phrases.

"What are you guy's family doing this year for the holidays." Brittany wondered as she settled into her own seat.

Shae came back with three individual mini cereal bowls. "Mom said we were suppose to going outta town, but she didn't mention where." Cole shrugged eyeing Shae. "Shae, I don't know if you knew, but it's lunch time."

Shae ripped the foil covering off of one of her bowls of cereal. "I don't know if you got the memo, but food is for anytime." Shae spoke dousing her cereal with the small carton of milk she'd bought too.