[9]

I’m not sorry if from this point on you cry; you get angry; or you fall in love. Hell you might even hate somebody.

Here comes that Bsoul Spin on things.

[Kimmie]

Things grew progressively more awkward as the outside air grew colder

Things grew progressively more awkward as the outside air grew colder. Shae stayed her distance from both Cole, and Alex. Alex buried herself in her studies. Seemingly going back to her old self. She was back to giving Kimmie sideways glances; short goodbyes, and inaudible hello’s.

Brittany still trailed behind Cole.

If Cole felt any type of way about anybody he no longer showed it. He was sucking it up like he did with a lot of things that created drama in his life.Everything seemingly went back to normal. It wasn’t until winter break came riding around the corner was there a twist in the usual routine.

I was packing my final bag, getting ready to leave during the weekend for the winter break holidays. I had passed all, but one exam. I was satisfied with my C in math just as long as I got this break.

A knock hit the dorm door.

Who was that? I wondered. Couldn’t be Alex she had a key, and was in class taking her last exam today. I twisted the knob pulling the door open. It was Shae. I hadn’t seen her in about a month.

She’d ignored calls, texts, and physical contact, and yet here she was.

“I’m like the last person you expected to see.” Shae placed a small gift on Alex’s bed. It was wrapped in silver paper. A powder blue bow was placed on top with a single card hanging off.

“I just wanted to drop this off, and was kind of praying Alex wasn’t gonna be here.”

Shae walked over to me wrapping me up in a tight hug. I hugged her back. We broke apart.

“How are you doing?” I asked zipping up my suitcase before sitting down.

Shae shrugged. “I don’t know. I finally spoke to Cole last night, and Alex finally texted me this morning.” Shae took a seat next to me eyeing her feet.

“I asked if we could try, and be friends some weeks ago. She finally responding saying she wasn’t sure.” Shae sighed. “The bad part is I still like Cole. A lot. How can I be with Alex for four years, yet feel so strong for somebody else?”

Shae shook her head in disbelief. “Anyway I’m gonna go. Text me over break girlie I could use someone to talk to.” Shae exited our dorm room.

I had finished packing by the time Alex walked in. She let her backpack fall to the floor. “How was your last exam?” I questioned.

“Difficult.” was all she said as she eyed the gift on her bed. “Whats this?” I shrugged. “Shae brought it by.”