[8]

"Kimmie. I have a problem."

It was 2 am when I picked up my phone. It was Cole.

[Cole]

"Sis I'm confused." I shook my head thinking back to last night. Shae had come by to watch a movie with me. It was something that we both enjoyed doing. We'd done it countless times before.

We laughed as the movie came to a close.

She got up to leave, and I followed her to the door. Shae turned to say goodbye, and our eyes locked. My heart went wild. It was never a question as to if I felt anything because I respected her, and Alex -- but in that moment I didn't think about any of that. She didn't speak, I didn't speak.

I bowed my head.

Our lips met. Sweetly. Her lips were warm, soft, and accepting. She kissed back for only a second before shoving me away. She shook her head as if she were trying to erase the kiss that happened only mere seconds ago.

She looked confused.

"That shouldn't have happened." was all she said as she left fast. I didn't get to say shit to her. All day I had let it ride. I started feeling kinda guilty so I texted her an apology

"Cole!?" Kimmie's voice brought me back to reality.

"My bad. I was zoning"

"Whats wrong?" I decided against telling Kimmie. It was a mistake. I didn't need to say it.

"Nevermind. I will figure it out."I hung up when she said "Okay."

I lied back in bed trying to clear my head until my phone sounded loudly.

From Shae

Cole. Alex saw your message. We got into a fight.

I sat up quick.

To Shae

Shit. Tell her it was my fault.

My phone rung in my hand. I accepted the call.

Shae was crying. "She doesn't care who's fault it was. It just never should've happened. I just spent the past hour on the phone with her.

"What'd she say?"

"She told me I could keep kissing you. For as long, and as much as I wanted." Shae barely got the words out as her crying clouded her words. I sighed hearing Shae let out a low heave, and cry.

"She doesn't care about me Cole"

"She does. She's just hurting." Shae hung up obviously not wanting to talk anymore. I sighed sending her a message

To Shae

I'm so sorry. I'm here for you.

-------------------------------------

Only Kimmie sat at the table in the cafeteria for lunch. Once I sat down she slapped me upside the head. "Cole, self control would have told you to have SELF CONTROL!" Kimmie glared at me. I sighed. "Kimmie, I already feel like shit. Shae called me last night crying. "