[14]

Two weeks flew by and Brittany was nowhere to be found.

I still cared, and admittedly was worried, but decided not to press the issue. She was hurt, and embarrassed. While Brittany was taking the time apart from me I was taking the time to get to know Shae even better.

I knew the things about her that were complex, along with the things that showed her simplicity.

I was already deciding to take her home during spring back. I actually wanted her to meet my parents. I figured they'd like her. Dad had actually spoken to her from time to time. It was just a Hi or a How are you, but that much coming from Pop was enough to say he found her to be respectable.

With the peanut butter, and jelly tucked between her thighs. Shae covered her bread with each guilty pleasure. It was a Friday night, and we were spending time together to watching a horror movie.

The movie was midway of the way through before Shae spoke finally. She had been eerily quiet the entire time -- when she'd usually be shouting at the t.v by now.

"Cole."

I shifted my eyes to look at over at Shae.

"Yo?"

Shae's pretty brown eyes looked deep into mine. My heart hammered around in my chest from her gaze.

Whatever she had to say, she spoke it with a kiss. A kiss that told me how she felt.

I lightly tipped her chin kissing her back gently. We pulled away from one another moments later. "Cole, I'm scared. I don't want this to be a bust. I really and honestly like you."

"It'll be okay. We just have to take our time." I told Shae. My eyes were barely able to focus on her's. I couldn't help but be locked in on her lips. The attention we shared on each other lips.

We kissed again for quite a while before breaking free from each other. I tucked myself away to hide my erection.

For once in a long time I felt I need to take it slow for Shae. She wasn't a quick fuck. Luckily she didn't notice as she cuddled up against the right side of me to watch the movie we'd been ignoring for the last twenty minutes.

The movie was coming to a close when my phone hummed against my dresser. I pulled it to my line of eyesight to see that it was Kimmie.

[Kimmie]

I found myself texting Cole after sitting in complete silence for an hour. I had went off impulse and chopped my hair off because Alex had said she was not really a fan of long hair. We'd sat in the room together one day. It was freezing outside on a weekend.

We were talking as two friends. She probably considered, but I was taking notes. We were just getting to know more of each other when I asked her what her type was. One of those things she told me was that she liked shoulder length hair on her women.

Everything else she'd mentioned as far a skin colored, height; I couldn't just evolve into a dark skinned girl. I couldn't be extremely short as Shae was. I couldn't become that. The only thing I could really do was cut my hair.

Now I sat on my bed regretting my decision.

The strands of my hair still laid on the floor resembling a puddle. A hair puddle.

To Cole

I just did something stupid. I cut my hair.

When Cole responded back asking why I couldn't bring myself to say it. So I ignored his text as I cleaned up the hair. Throwing it into the trash. Alex liked a dominate, but submissive type of female.