[11]

My Grandma died the first week of December. I was under Kimmie for the time being, holding on to her waist, crying. I'm not one to show emotion, but that shit hurt me. I shut my phone off. I hadn't spoken to Shae or Brittany. Only Kimmie. She be on top of my nerves, but she Sis, and she ain't judging.

Kimmie was braiding my hair trying to comfort me. Everybody was checking on everybody. We all knew it coming but it was a shock that it was that soon.

By the time Christmas came I was just ready to go.

We were back on the road and had returned home just 6 days shy of New Year's Eve. I knew Shae thought I was iggin her by the things she was posting, but I was hurting over my Grandma. I had to clear my head before speaking to anybody.

I was a little better as December 31st came rolling around. Kimmie and I sat at a hotel with our mutual group of friends laughing, joking, and drinking. I was feeling better. I had to pop Keran upside his head twice.

I know Kimmie is pretty, but damn those eyes need to chill.

We all shouted out the counted down as we watched the ball drop from the TV. We all blew our horns, and made a toast. I was still up with one of Kimmie's old highschool friends; Ciara when 2am rolled around.

I found myself inside of her when 3am rolled around. I covered Ciara's mouth as I stroked her quietly on the bathroom sink. It had been a minute since I had, had some. I was in embarrassment as I busted too quick.

Ciara gave me a look of frustration. I stroke myself back hard rolling another condom back on I helped her get her nut. We left the bathroom to see everyone was still sleeping.

----------

When I finally did text Shae she didn't even respond. I hadn't texted her in about three weeks. So I could understand why. I sent her a second text explaining why I hadn't spoken to her lately

To Shae

Yo.

To Shae

I know you mad. My grandma died a few weeks back. I just needed a minute.

From Shae

My condolences. I understand. You better?

To Shae

I'm cool now. School start back next week. You ready?

From Shae

That's good...and I guess..Cole. I think I wanna get back with Alex. She asked me around the same time you split on me. I've been thinking.

I felt my heart hit my stomach. I thought about what Brittany has said back in St Louis. She was playing the fuck outta me. Least that's how I felt. I didn't really want her to know how heavy I was feeling though.

To Shae

Why you telling me?

From Shae

I don't know..

From Shae

My heart is in two different places.

I sighed.

To Shae

Do what you gotta do. I'm cool.

She didn't respond, so I texted Brittany.

To Brittany

You were right about Shae. I'm just a rebound.

---------