Chapter Six

Chapter Six 

Noah's Point of view. 

Once again I had spent the whole day locked in my room. I hadn't even left to get food. I'm pretty sure this was the second day where I hadn't eaten a thing. With every second I would grow hungrier and more exhausted. I finally got so worn out that I'd just lay on Sam's old bed. To tired to even cry.  

"Noah?" John's soft voice creeps into the room. I groan, letting him know I was in fact  still alive, awake, and listening."I think you should eat..."  he was fifteen but he seemed older. Older than me at least. 

I don't answer him, instead I place a pillow over my head to drown out all the outside sounds. this seems to do the trick. I get no more disturbances so I'm left alone to sulk. At one point I fall asleep only to be awaken moments later by the horrible nightmare I had gotten since Sam died. It's always the same, except for today that is.  

I'd be sitting alone on a bench-in some park I guess- when suddenly out of nowhere Sam comes skipping up. Everything goes well for a while, I tell Sam how happy I was to see him again and he'd listen with that cute grin on his face. It isn't until it starts sprinkling when things go bad. First off the rain is like acid to Sam. With every clear droplet of water that lands on him it seems the melt his skin away. I'm unable to move so I have to watch as he springs up and starts panicking. As the soft rain turns to a heavy downpour his screams for help grow louder. I try shutting my eyes however it's like some sick person is holding them open so I can watch every agonizing second of it. Usually the dream-nightmare ends there only tonight the rain fades. Sam is gone and I'm able to move. 

"Here let me help you." a stranger-obviously male by the deep voice- offers.  

I can't see him but his warm tone draws me in. I take his outstretched hands and he pulls me up. Right as I'm about to see his face the dream ends and I wake up in Sam's bed covered in a cold sweat. I sit up and pull the warm blanket off myself. A chill runs down my spine from the sudden rush of cold air.  

Sighing I stand up and stretch my arms above my head. I glance out side, it was still daylight out. Around five I'm guessing.  

"Noah," a single knock came from the door, "unlock this door right now!" it was Miss Joy-sadly she never brings me joy, just pain. 

I do as I'm instructed-If I didn't I'd get in trouble, plus she has a key so she was getting in either way.  

 Miss Joy burst into my room. She was dressed in her usual black pencil skirt, black boots that cut off at her knees, and a much to fancy for just an ordinary day, white, frilly, dress shirt. Her thick brown hair is pulled up into a neat bun and black glasses rim her eyes. Miss Joy loves to look professional, no matter what day or time of the year it is. It can get pretty annoying, I don't think I've ever seen her in jeans.  

"I can't take this anymore!"  I raise an eyebrow. "You can't spend your days like this Noah! I know Sam meant a lot to you, he'd want you to be happy." that's when it hits me. She is forcing me to just forget I ever knew him. Like that would happen. Sam meant more to me than she'll ever know!  

"I don't feel like it." I mumble slipping back into bed, my bed this time. 

"I know it'll be hard but," oh god the but, "a very kind woman has offered to  counsel you." Miss Joy beams from ear to ear as if she just told me she discovered the cure for cancer.  

"I'm good." I cover myself up. I don't need some woman telling me things I already know. I have too many people doing that already. Miss Joy being one of them.  

"Oh no, no, no. I don't think you understand, I'm making you to Noah. I can't bear to see you like this!" and with that she walks away. I hear my door close then open once more, "By the way your first session is Friday. Be ready." Miss Joy closes my door once again.  

Well, this should be interesting.... 

I'm a horrible person....

I'M SO SORRY I TOOK LIKE A BILLION YEARS TO UPDATE!! I'll try to get the next chapter up soon and I'll never take that long to update again. Once again I'm sorry!!