Chapter Twenty Two

Chapter twenty two

Damien's point of view.

I run a finger up and down Noah's chest and sigh happily. Today was his first day out of the hospital and I decided to take him to the field. The ladies who ran the orphanage were hesitant to let him but finally they said yes.

Also yesterday the bastard that hit Noah was found and arrested. You see after Sam died the park put up a few cameras. Turns out the guy was some drug addict who was so high he didn't even notice.

And last but not least Noah became quite famous because of how strange the accident was. I mean I'm pretty sure it's not common for two people who were that close to be hit at the exact same place.

"Damien?" Noah looks up at me.

"Yeah babe?"

"Is Sam gone now? I mean did he finally get to go where he belongs?" Noah asks nervously. I know he had a hard time believing Sam's ghost was following me but I think he finally accepted it.

"I'm not sure. He said he could leave until he made sure you were as happy as you were before. Are you?" I ask.

Could I really be the one to make him that happy? I mean I'm just a loner with one-two?- friends, with a weird family life, and I smoke. Yeah, I just can't quit that addiction…

"No."

I frown. I knew it was too good to be true. Noah would always be happier with Sam. I can never live up to him. I'm just a replacement.

"I'm happier."

It takes me a second then I realize what he's saying. I grin and kiss his head. "I'm happier too, with you."

"You better be." he glares at me. "You're not allowed to leave me."

"I wouldn't ever think about it." I pet him. "Sun set is pretty huh?" There I go, being all soft again... Well it is really beautiful. Noah is more beautiful but I can't tell him that because he'd hit me. He hates when I start calling him stuff like that.

"Yup." He answers.

For a while we sit and watch the sky go from orangey pink to purple. Then I notice something is off. Noah and I aren't alone. Off by the start of the woods is a figure barely visible in the dark. It doesn't take long to realize who it is.

"Noah get up." I tell him.

"No! You're comfortable." He nuzzles my chest. Sighing I stand up, pulling him with me. "Where are we going?"

"To see Sam off." I say, dragging him towards the boy.

Noah's point of view.

I can't see him. All I see are trees and the occasional rock or bush. There's no one but Damien and I.

"Sam!" Damien calls. He smiles down at the ground.

I'm confused by all of this. Can he really see Sam? Is he just crazy? I love Damien and all but I still don't know much about him. What if this all is just a joke? What if Damien starts laughing at me for believing all of this?

No Noah! Don’t think that. You love Damien. He loves you. Damien wouldn’t lie to me. I should have never thought such a thing.

"Alright, I'll tell him." Damien looks over at me. "Sam wants you to hold out your hand."

I hesitate but finally I do as he says. I suddenly feel my cool hand grown warm. It really is Sam. He really is here.

"I miss you." I mumble into the air. "You made me happy even after you died and now I want you to be happy." I drop my hand back to my side.

"He says it's time for him to go." Damien whispers squeezing my hand, the one he's holding.

"I'll never forget you Sam." A tear rolls down my cheek. "Thank you much, for everything." I feel the wind start to pick up and instantly I begin to shiver. Damien pulls me close.

"He's gone."

*Five months later*

I fumble with the zipper on my jacket. "Stupid jacket..." I grumble and tug even harder on it.

"Need some help there?"

I freeze then slowly look behind me. "Psh..."

Suddenly two warm arms wrap around my waist and a gentle kiss is placed on my head. "Here," Damien zips my jacket up with ease.

"I could have gotten it..." I mutter in defeat. Stupid jacket..

"In like five years." Damien chuckles and grabs my hand. "Where to babe?"

"Hell I don't care, just make sure it's warm."

He smiles and nods. "Will do."

In the last few months nothing had really changed. Well I mean I got my casts off, and now I sadly walk with a slight limp. John finally started talking to me again but I think something is up with him. He's been acting weird lately. School has sadly started back up giving me less time to spend with my-no one else's -Damien, but we still see each other every week. Thank god!

"Something smells good…" I mumble as we walk into a small café thing. It's decorated for Christmas-which is almost here. There's a small Christmas tree by the door and little ornaments hang from the ceiling.

"I figured I'd buy you some hot chocolate. You must be freezing!" Damien squeezes my hand and drags me the counter where you're supposed to order.

Luckily there's not many people here. It is pretty late. I bet this place will close soon. I hope Damien doesn't expect me to walk around in the snow. It's freezing outside!

"Two hot chocolates please." Damien smiles at the older woman who's behind the counter.

"That'll be six fifty."

Damien hands over the money then we wait for or drinks. Once we get the piping hot drinks Damien drags me to the most secluded table and sits. I do the same and star sipping my hot chocolate.

"Noah you make me so happy." He says after a while of sitting in silence.

I blush slightly and look down at my cup. "You're welcome…"

"Before you I wasn't really living. You showed me what life is all about. You taught me how to live." he places his hand on mine.

I interlock or fingers and look up and him. There's so much I could say right now but I decide to do something else. I smile.

I may have taught him how to live. Showed him what life is about but truthfully he helped me more than I'll ever be able to help him. Damien showed me that life can get better. Without him I would have never learned how to live again.

The end!

I'm all depressed now...I'm going to miss them so much. I still really want to know if I should write John's story. So comment and let me know if you'd read it or not. It's not going to be paranormal like this story but it'll be Boyxboy (I just can't picture John with a girl...lol).

I hope you enjoyed reading, thanks for all the comments and votes.  I couldn't have written this story without all the support. I love you guys ^^

-Sky