Chapter Thirteen

Okay so the first part of this chapter won't make much sense if you didn't read the first book...just saying...^^

Chapter Thirteen

"I don't want to go back." I grumble from behind the black book I've been glued to for weeks. Some how summer had slipped away from us and our days of freedom were growing short.

"Who does?" Colby asks plopping down on the couch and flipping on the TV for our usual Saturday hang out.

I shrug and go back to my book. I've recently discovered I'm a believer In ghosts, weird stuff has been going on recently and I'm pretty sure it's a ghost.

Sound crazy don't I?

Colby stops on some channel and I glance up. "Dude we've seen this a thousand times-" the doorbell interrupts me.

I wonder who it could be. Given by the look on Colby's face he hasn't a clue to who it is either. Well there's only one way to find out...

Colby gets up and walks to the door rubbing his eyes. "Hello?" A tall brunette stands behind the door holding a cute little gray puff of a cat.

What the hell?

The guy smiles a little and opens his mouth to speak. "You left this, I'm really sorry I wanted to bring him sooner but I was too busy with writing college applications to all the colleges around here." Colby stands in shock with his mouth wide open.

He looks like an idiot, I better go save him from this.

I stand up and walk to the two. "Hello there whoever you are. That's a really cute cat. Colby whose that?" I glance back and forth at the two.

I can tell I'm not wanted here any longer...

"Leo," the guy says calmly. "I've missed you so much."

Wait...could this be that Alex kid Colby always mentioned? I expected him to be, well younger. But I know how torn Colby is over this guy and I'm not going to let it happen again.

"Listen," I hiss stepping in front of my short little friend, "Colby is the best friend I've ever had, and if you think for one second I'm going to let you hurt him again you're wrong."

Alex softly sets the cat down and glares at me. "I've come a thousand miles to see the love of my life. Get out of the way and let him talk."

"It's okay Damien." Colby says stepping from behind me. "Alex and I have some catching up to do. Why don't you go home?"

Great, it hasn't been five minutes and he's already replacing me with 'Alex'. Colby is my only friend. What now?!

"Okay I'll let you guys talk." I leave the house and walk.

I don't know where the hell I'm going but once again I feel as if I'm not in control. I think that ghost is forcing me to go this way, I'm not sure, although its not a big surprise when I end up at the field by a bunch of trees.

"You brought me out here!" I whisper. "Why are you doing this to me? What do you want?"

"Help." the soft voice comes from behind me.

I take a deep breath to try and calm myself and turn to face the voice. "S-Sam?" my eyes widen. I'm going crazy, this cannot be happening, screw the ghost thing, this isn't real!

"Oh I'm am very real Damien." He smiles. "I need your help!"

"W-With?" I stutter. I want to reach out and hug him tight. I wish he really was alive and here right now. I'd tell him how I never felt for someone like him. How I wish I would have gathered up the nerve to talk to him.

"Noah." My heart skips a beat. "Noah needs someone to love him. Someone that will take care of him. I'm not sure how I know this but Damien you have to save him! Noah wont like it but you have to!" Sam almost looks frightened.

"Noah doesn't even like me." I mumble looking down. Why am I so upset about it?! I shouldn't be, I've only seen him a few times. "He called me a freak. He hates me."

"No he doesn't silly!" Sam grins, "He's just stubborn!" My heart pounds faster in my chest. Why does the though of Noah liking me make me so nervous?

"I have to go now. I suggest you find him right away." And with a blink of an eye Sam, or whatever I had just saw, vanishes.

Now I just need to find Noah....