Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven 

Damien's point of view.

I tip toe down to my room. I wasn't suppose to go down there until the Devin and Joel left, unless I needed clothes. Let's just say I didn't need clothes.

Today was the wedding and I was home alone, giving me the perfect reason to feel normal for once. I plop down on my bed, that now smelt like cheap flowery perfume and cotton candy. Great it'll take months to get the smell of Devin out of my sheets.

I sigh and take out my cell phone. I then texted Colby and telling to meet me at field. It was terribly boring here and I needed to get out.

The field is a big patch of the greenest grass I'd ever seen. It's surrounded by the woods on three sides, a small pond occupied the last side. Not many people go there, the walk is pretty long and most people would rather hang out at the mall or someplace more exciting. But I see it as a place to just get lost and not have to worry about anything.

Moments later he responded, "I'm sorry but I'm busy, my grandma decided I needed new clothes."

I frown and let out a frustrated groan. It's times like this when I wished I had more friends, sadly that won't be happening anytime soon. I hear a door open from upstairs and I quickly jump out of my bed and dart upstairs.

"Oh hey Rick." I smile at the man I was suppose to call dad. He nods my way and grunts a little. Such a talkative person...

My parents had split up the year I turned ten. It wasn't a big surprise, they would argue a ton and to be honest they were nothing alike. My father, he's who I get my looks from, was always the relaxed type of person. He would do what he wanted when he wanted, my mother on the other hand liked to have a schedule.

I had always preferred my dad but my mom got custody of me so I was stuck with her and the boyfriend she got just two months after ending it with my dad, Rick.

He's a lot like my mom, everything has to be perfect for him. I was always more like my dad so Rick and I can really get on each others nerves. The one thing he doesn't know is that I love it when he's mad at me. I hate everything about the stuffy business man...

I pass him up and walk out the door he had just come in. The air outside was colder than usual, which was strange seeing as how today was suppose to be hotter than yesterday. However strange it may be I'm quite grateful, I'd much rather be freezing then dying from heat stroke.

I walk down my neighborhood, past Colby's house and the creepy cat lady who likes sitting on her porch with all of her cats, she's a really nice lady despite the tales I heard when I was younger stating that she is an evil witch.

I soon reach the woods, once I pass through them I find my regular spot, a small little dip in the green, green grass, and sit down. I lean back until I'm laying down and use my hands as a pillow.  

Could today get any more perfect?

I grin and look up at the bright blue cloudless sky. It's as if I was living in a dream, only soon today will end just like every other day. I wish I could live in today for forever.

I hear a muffled giggle. Confused I sit up scratching my head. No one was hear a second ago. I look around and see a faded figure at the beginning of the woods.  

"Hello?" I call to the person. They we're too far away for me to tell wether they we're a girl or a boy.

"Hi!" the peppy voice rings back. It's high pitched but obviously male. I wonder who it is? I mean they sound familiar.

I see the person walk towards me just a bit. They stop when they reach the end of the shade from the trees. "Who are you?" Usually I'd just ignore someone walking around here but something draws me to this guy.

"Well it depends," all of a sudden he sounds afraid, "You're Damien right?"

My eyes widen. How does this guy know me? "How do you know who I am?" I ask. I'm getting just a little freaked out by this mysterious guy. If only I knew who he was.

"I went to your school. I was in the grade below yours." well that explains how I know the voice.

I can't think of anyone who switched out of my school, well other than Sam. But it's clearly not him. "What's your name?" once I figure out who it is this won't be so creepy.

"I have to go now!" I see his hand move back and forth. He's waving goodbye. "See you later Damien!"

"No wait-" with a blink of the eye he vanishes into the woods. Who the hell was that? Maybe I'm just going crazy.

Yeah, that's it.