Chapter Twenty One

Chapter Twenty One.

Damien's point of view.

I can't believe what I see. It's impossible. This can't be happening. No. No, no, no. This isn't...."No! Noah!" I scream, running over to his mangled body. I'm not sure what exactly happened, but I can guess.

"Please god, no you can't leave me!" I fall to the ground and pull him onto my lap. I place my hand on his heart and I never have felt so relieved. He's alive.

I pull my phone from my pocket and with my shaky hands I dial 911. I tell them where I am, explaining how cold and pale Noah is. The woman tells me someone will be here soon. She also tells me to move out of the street, in case another car comes along.

I pick Noah up with ease, he hasn't been eating. Then again nether have I. I lay him gently on the grass, and then sit beside him. I grab his hand and hold it tight.

"Oh Noah.." Sam frowns and kneels in front of him. "You'll be okay Noah... You'll be okay." He glances over at me.

"W-what If he isn't?! What will I do?!" I stutter. "He can't die. Not like this."

"D-Damien?" Mumbles a shaky voice.

"Noah?!" I get onto my knees and lean close. "Noah you're awake!"

"N-no shit..." he groans and stumbles to sit up. Finally he gives up and just lays his head on my lap. "Hi..."

"Hey…" My excitement slowly fades. He still hates me. Nothing has changed.

"Tell him I'm here." Sam speaks up. "Tell him that I want him to be happy."

I nod in Sam's direction. "This is going to sound crazy," I mutter, "Sam's here."

Noah crinkles his nose. "What the hell are you trying to say?"

"He says he wants you to be happy." I tell him, ignoring his question. "He can't move on until you're happy."

Noah's lip quivers. "D-Damien.."

"He's been following me. Telling me I'm the one who'll make you happy." I look into his eyes. "Noah, I may not understand everything but I do understand one thing, I love you."

I might not know exactly what love is but however crazy it may sound I think Sam's right. I'm the only one who can make him happy, and I will. I hardly know Noah but I just feel so, so good when I'm around him. I need him.

"L-love me?" Noah says the 'L' word as if it's from another language.

"I'm sorry if it's all too sudden. I just can't help what I feel." I hold his hand tighter. "Shit Noah I love you so much!"

His cheeks turn pink. He's not mad. He doesn't hate me. I may actually have a chance. He might one day love me back...

"I think I love you too Damien...no, I know I love you."

...Or that someday could be today.

I smile the biggest smile I've ever smiled. I lean down further and press my lips to his. Noah kisses me back, smiling just as big. However, our moment is ruined by the paramedics. They pick Noah up and set him on a stretcher. They then take him over to the ambiance. I follow behind them. There's no way I'm letting them leave without me. I'm never letting Noah out of my sight again!

Noah's point of view.

"Well kid, you came out much luckier than the first boy who was hit there." Dr. Stephen tells me.

"Oh I know. Sam was my boyfriend." He's taken aback. Whether it’s the boyfriend part or the fact the two of us had been hit by a car in the same place, I honestly could care less. I just want Damien and some more pudding.

"I thought you looked rather familiar." He says. "I'm sorry about your friend…" It seems it was the boyfriend thing. Then again it could be both.

"It's okay, Sam Is in a better place. Plus I have another boyfriend now. He's the guy who came with me. Now, if you don't mind, I'd love to see him."

"Oh, of course. I'll come back later to talk. I'm sure you could use some rest." The older man stands up and heads for the door.

"I'd also enjoy more pudding..." I add, as he walks out the door.

A second later Damien walks in, grinning. I smile back at him and pat the space next to me on the bed. He sits, kissing my head. "Hey babe," he smiles. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit." I say. My left wrist is broken and they basically had to reconstruct my left leg. However I'm pretty lucky. Other than that I hardly had any scratches or bruises. I am sore, hence me feeling like shit. But Damien makes it all better...

"I'm sorry, I should have gotten there sooner!" he says, brushing his lips over my cheek. "This is all my fault!"

"Damien shut the fuck up and kiss me, dammit!" I glare at him. I could care less about being hit by a car. If anything that saved my life, I was planning on killing myself anyways.

Damien smile and crashes his lips onto mine. I softly moan in happiness as his warm hands cup my face. It feels wonderful being able to touch him again. To be allured by his mesmerizing smell, even if he did smell like cigarettes. To be able to feel his lips pressed against mine again, it's amazing.

"Oh-oh my..." Damien quickly pulls away and my cheeks go pink. A thin blonde woman stands at the door dressed in teddy bear scrubs, holding my pudding.

Heh. I got so caught up with kissing Damien I forgot I even asked for some.

"T-thank you..." I stutter as the nurse-I think her name is Kelly, something like that-hands me the pudding.

I smile sweetly at her until she leaves the room. I then slowly start eating my pudding. "Yum."

"You haven't been eating." Damien points out, coldly.

"Nether have you." He opens his mouth to say something then closes it. "Don't get on me about doing the same thing as you." I sigh and raise my pudding filled spoon up to his lips. "Now open." Smiling he does as I say and slowly parts his lips, just enough for me to fit the spoon in. "Now close." He closes his mouth around the spoon and I pull it out.

"Good boy." I pat his head with my cast.

"Love you~" Damien smile and kisses my cheek. "God you turned me into a softy. I used to not give a shit."

I roll my eyes. "I'm so sorry." I say sarcastically.

"Don't be, I'd rather be all mushy then not have you." His eyes widen. "Damn, even that was mushy."

I chuckle softly and cuddle up to him. I set my empty pudding cup on the side table and wrap my arm snugly around Damien's waist.

"Tired?"

"Mmmh." I close my eyes. All those pain killers are getting to me. I feel like dropping right now, but I have one more thing to ask.

"How did you know Sam?" I look into his eyes. I want the truth.

"School." He chuckles softly. "I don't know why I liked him, I never once said hi."

My eyes widen a little. "If his ghost really is following you, then why can't I see him? Why isn't he here with me?"

Damien's expression softens, and then all expression fades from his face. "I don't know. After all you are the one who loves him..."

Oh god. He thinks I'd still rather be with Sam. "I'd give anything to bring him back," I tell him. "But we couldn't ever continue with what we had. I don't see him like that anymore."

"Does that mean you see me the way you used to see Sam?" His voice fills with hope and he chews nervously on his lip.

I smile, "Yeah, stupid. I told you I loved you, didn’t I?” I don’t stay awake long enough to hear what he says but I know he’s smiling that stupid, goofy smile. The one I love so much.

One more chapter...It'll be up today. I already finished it....heh.